Co-op – Manufacturing Engineering
- Reedsville, PA
The Manufacturing Engineer CO-OP position provides the successful candidate with an immediate opportunity to be involved with technology that helps save lives, improve patient outcomes, and reduce the cost of medicine around the world. Philips is a leading innovator in the Ultrasound Imaging, and at the heart of every Ultrasound System is a transducer. Transducer technology is a cornerstone in the Philips Healthcare portfolio. As an international organization, Philips is well placed to offer a broad range of technical and leadership opportunities in various organizations throughout the world.
In this role as a Manufacturing Engineer CO-OP, you will focus primarily on supporting and improving the processes for transducer manufacturing. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical support to resolve manufacturing and quality problems, including yield and nonconforming product. Drive corrective action with appropriate and detailed follow up.
- Identify, analyze and implement cost reduction projects, cycle time improvements, and lean manufacturing techniques to improve product cost structure.
- Execute design and process verification activities, including statistical analysis, similarity, and testing.
- Work collaboratively with SCE to support/develop and transition new processes into manufacturing.
- Identify, specify, and coordinate installation of new manufacturing equipment and upgrades for process improvement.
- Complete process validation for new equipment.
The Supply Chain Engineering team, based in Reedsville, PA, consists of 30 other engineers with diverse backgrounds and expertise. The Supply Chain Engineering team works in close collaboration with Operations, R&D, Purchasing, and Q&R locally and across the global. The fast paced environment places emphasis on a first time right approach, as such in-depth knowledge of product design, root-cause analysis and regulatory compliance.
We are looking for
- Current Student in Mechanical Engineering, Bio Medical, or related engineering degree
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to provide technical leadership in ambiguous situations
- Computer literate in MS Office Applications
- Knowledge of Statistical Methods (Process Capability, SPC, Trend Analysis)
- Computer literate in Minitab
- Experience in a regulated environment
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Demonstrated experience with the validation, documentation, and manufacture of medical devices
- Green belt/black belt or Shainin certification
- Solid Works or other CAD software experience
- PLC experience
In return, we offer you
The ability to collaborate with, learn and grow from colleagues in a highly complex, global organization where you can use your strengths to help drive strategic business initiatives for Philips. Additionally, we provide you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, paired with a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a supportive atmosphere where you can sharpen your talents with new challenges and career opportunities.
(Legally approved statements for Work Authorizations and Relocation - Remove one or both of the below, if not applicable:)
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Back to top