This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
Starting wage up to $17.77/hour
**Now Hiring -Full Time Direct with Great Benefits including 401K Match and Fast Career Growth!**
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Thoroughly understand and able to perform all responsibilities of a Packaging Associate; in addition must understand the various packaging supplies, the BOM, and Packaging Specification Sheet as well as the two plastics used and how to differentiate between them and Flash, Shorts, Grease, Rust Marks, Bubbles, Splay, Runners, types of Runners, Contamination, and Color Variation and how to handle each scenario
- Familiarize Packaging Trainees with the various processes in LIDS over a 90 Day period to ensure consistent properly packaged quality product following a specified process/procedure
- Objectively review each Trainee during the initial 90 day training period and recommend continued employment for Trainees who succeed
- Review the Packaging Associate orientation process and make recommendations to improve and/or streamline the process
- Coordinate the Trainees’ schedules, assigning Trainees to specific pieces of equipment
- Coordinate Trainee break and lunch schedules with Supervisors or lead and ensure the Trainees are familiar with the layout of the plant and are able to locate exits, lunchrooms, bathrooms, supply rooms, etc.
- Demonstrate the proficiencies required for Packaging Associate and work with each Trainee to ensure he/she understands the expectations and tolerance levels, with an emphasis on Quality
- Document the Trainees’ progress ensuring a positive trend in attaining Rate
- Training will include safety requirement
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Experience: minimum of 6 months in Packaging Associate position; Packaging Specialist preferred.
- Ability to read and understand English; bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Strong understanding of quality specification
- Dependable and punctual; flexible to scheduling needs;
- Ability to work with varying personalities; well organized; ability to communicate at all levels
- The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job: Ability to lift a maximum of 40lbs
- Work is performed in a manufacturing environment, which can be hot in the summer and cool in the winter; noisy at most times
Pactiv LLC is the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America and beyond. Since its founding in 1965, Pactiv has grown to support its customers, providing the broadest selection of products made from over a dozen materials. Today, the company is headquartered in Lake Forest, Illinois, and operates over 60 facilities with more than 14,000 employees across the globe. For more information, visit www.pactiv.com.
Pactiv LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.