This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
"At Pactiv, the health and safety of our employees is a top priority. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we have implemented a number of safety precautions at all of our locations to protect our employees. These precautions include, but are not limited to, mandatory face coverings, daily COVID-19 screenings, including temperature screenings, social distancing requirements and proper hygiene protocols. In addition, we provide all of our employees with regular COVID-19 updates and education."
This role will set up and operate a variety of machine tools to maintain production tools and equipment for plastic form and trim machinery. You will fabricate, modify, and/or repair mechanical parts/instruments. May also fabricate and modify parts to make or repair machine tools or maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
- Machine parts to specifications, using machine tools, such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders. Operate grinding and cutting equipment.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, or materials onto machines.
- Measure, examine, or test completed units to check for defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments, such as micrometers.
- Set up, adjust, or operate basic or specialized machine tools used to perform precision machining operations. Operate metal or plastic forming equipment.
- Maintain machine tools in proper operational condition.
- Polish machine marks from flat and contoured surfaces of tooling components using scrapers, abrasive stones, files, emery cloths, or die grinders.
- Measure dimensions and inspect completed products or work pieces to verify conformance to specifications.
- Fit and assemble parts to make or repair machine tools.
- Evaluate machining procedures and recommend changes or modifications for improved efficiency or adaptability.
- Dismantle machines or equipment, using hand tools or power tools to examine parts for defects and replace defective parts where needed.
- Disassemble, clean, and reassemble equipment for maintenance or repair.
- Replace worn equipment components
- Qualified candidates’ will have a minimum of 2 years tooling experience with a high degree of mechanical ability and aptitude with proven ability to troubleshoot and perform repairs.
- Able to operate forklift and high-lift equipment, welding experience desired.
- Ability to hold tight machining tolerances
- Knowledge and experience using micrometers, depth micrometers, inside diameter gauge, and outside diameter gauge.
- Understand various tooling technology.
- Basic math and computer skills required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; Demonstrated team player
- Ability to work independently and effectively with little to no supervision.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!
"IND1P" #CB1 #ZR