This Position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
This position will be responsible for the supervision, engagement, training, coaching, and counseling of the Lift Truck Operators, Team Leads and Shift Coordinators working the same shift. The Supply Chain Shift Managers works with employees to ensure the highest levels of productivity and throughput are achieved, while being responsible for the daily execution of the operations plan to ensure that all customer orders are shipped based on priority without compromising quality or Customer Service Levels.
- Supervise, engage, coach and counsel the Lift Truck Operators, Team Leads and Shift Coordinators working the same shift
- Lead daily Tier 0 & Tier 1 meetings, ensuring standard work is followed, and all issues and problems are resolved or routed appropriately
- Responsible for the daily execution of the operations plan created by the Supply Chain Manager
- Works with the Supply Chain Coordinators to monitor order queue, and ensures balance of labor, equipment and warehouse work tasks
- Quickly addresses any problems, issues or adjustments as required to complete the operations plan and ensure on time customer shipments
- Ensures safety in the workspace by conducting safety audits, safety training and encouraging a safety orientated culture during their shift
- Monitors operator productivity and provides constructive feedback to help operators obtain and maintain maximum productivity levels
- Develops and implements supply chain plans that may affect the production, distribution, and inventory of finished products in order to enhance product flow
- Assists in the development of policies, guidelines, and procedures to ensure quality and cost control
- Understands the cost drivers at the site, and works to minimize and reduce costs without sacrificing quality or customer deliveries
- Conducts distribution and network studies, monitors inventory, and analyzes requirements to develop strategies to achieve desired delivery times and order fill rates
- Drives innovation and Continuous Improvement at the site, is a champion of Change Management to support operational improvements
- Maintains appropriate records and prepares reports
- Coordinates logistics activities with internal and external customers
- Ensures Automatic Guided Vehicle (AGV) tasking and usage to maximize productivity
- Interest in working day shift (7am-7pm) in the Continuous Operating Production (COP) rotating model; employees are scheduled to work 7 out of every 14 days
- BA/BS Degree preferred in logistics or related field
- 5+ years business experience in Distribution/Warehouse Logistics
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS); JDA (Red Prairie) a plus
- Self-Directed & demonstrates the ability to proactively identify and resolve discrepancies or potential issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail orientated, with high analytical ability
- Demonstrated financial acumen
- Excellent problem identification & follow through to issue resolution
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Demonstrates the ability to work well with a variety of individuals.
- Demonstrates an understanding of automated distribution
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!
#LI-TM1 "IND1P" #CB1