Sr Thermoforming Process Engineer
This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
SUMMARY: The position is a Plant Engineer who will provide process equipment (extrusion and thermoforming) support and work productively with an established work force. Financial acumen for data analysis of trends and tendencies, tenacity in the performance of the tasks within the role, and continuous improvement (Lean Management) are part of the requirements for this position.
- Establishes, coordinates and directs Extrusion and Thermoforming process improvement initiatives.
- Provides technical operations support for Extrusion and Thermoforming manufacturing problems. Develops and leads process-improvement initiatives to address specific issues as they arise.
- Develops OEE and Quality improvement plans with the plant Leadership Team to meet Pactiv targets.
- Assists in the management of the capital budget and development of the technical talent in the group.
- Responsible for CAR development and follow-up through the submission/approval process and coordination of capital activities.
- Provides leadership in the pursuit of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Productivity goals (SQDCP).
- Provides over site and management of Changeover teams
- Leads the team for completion of safety awareness topics and works for the reduction of triggers for unsafe behaviors. Corrects safety related issues and leads investigations on safety related topics.
- Utilizes Plan, Do, Check and Adjust methodology for managing daily improvement (MDI).
- Capable of recognizing opportunities for improvement and generating a list of ideas for annual plant operational improvement.
- Utilizes lean methods (Kaizen) for process improvements and utilizes daily coaching for sustainment.
- Utilizes operational data to make informed decisions on a daily basis.
- Ensures layered audits are completed as scheduled and implements countermeasures to safeguard goal attainment.
- Uses metrics for accountability to mark improvement or need for improvement.
- Provides engineering support and resources to sustain plant production including assisting with plant facilities and production equipment maintenance.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering – Strongly preferred
- 8+ years of plant experience in technical and management roles - well versed in all facets of plant operations and maintenance with a strong emphasis on safety.
- Lean Methodologies or Continuous Process Improvement required.
- Technical experience to include process support and working/hands-on knowledge of sheet plastic extrusion and thermoforming on a large scale
- Must be results oriented with a high energy level for process and performance improvement; impatient with the status quo in the facility and willing to invest the time and effort necessary to facilitate changes.
- Demonstrated collaborative ability in dynamic organizational environments.
- ACAD proficiency a plus.
- Strong analytical skills using standard software packages such as Excel and maintenance work order systems to identify opportunities and validate holding improvement gains.
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.