This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
Starting wage up to $41.00
**Now Hiring -Full Time Direct with Great Benefits including 401K Match and Fast Career Growth!**
- The automation technician is responsible for safety and effectively setting up equipment to meet all operational goals and objectives.
- Equipment setup and related setup documentation of conveyors, rimming equipment, counter/bagger, shrink wrapping equipment, box tapers and printing equipment
- Evaluate and implement preventive/predictive maintenance programs on A.C. and D.C. motors, drives and other electrical equipment. Determine and implement needed changes to procedures. Train affected maintenance personnel in procedural upgrades.
- Evaluate and implement preventive/predictive maintenance programs on mechanical equipment. Determine and implement needed changes to procedures. Train affected maintenance and operation personnel in procedural upgrades.
- Troubleshoot difficult maintenance problems that occur throughout the plant with a major emphasis on electrical problems, to include A.C. and D.C. drives, PLC (programmable logic controllers) as well as basic motor control circuits
- Complete new project installations by working with engineering and maintenance teams to lay out and execute electrical training programs for maintenance personnel. This is to include preparation of lesson plans technical aspects of all plant equipment (electrical and controls) and the presentation of the material in a classroom and on the job environment.
- Provide working database of backup for all programmable control systems.
- Equipment breakdowns -
Respond to production calls
Tracks work performed on daily log sheet
Notify and correct all safety concerns
Available for providing technical support after normal business hours
- Follow all Company established rules and policies. Adhere to all safety rules and regulations
- Complete all required paperwork accurately and in a timely manner
- Ensure housekeeping in areas of responsibility is safe, clean and tidy
- Perform all other tasks as assigned
- Two-year Mechanical/Electrical degree such as automation, electronics technology, electro- mechanical technology, etc. or 3-5 years' industrial maintenance experience and mechanical knowledge.
- Technical school certificate or diploma in a specific work-related area,. and a minimum of two years of work-related experience is preferred.
- Must have Computer literacy.
- Highly organized, problem solver, able to handle multiple tasks and strong sense of urgency.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with people at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and communicate with all levels in the organization.
- Must be aware of all hazards, must work in safe manner by applying knowledge of safety rule guidelines and follow all precautions including the lock-out/tag-out procedures including arc flash compliance, NFPA 70E.
- Must be self-starter and must demonstrate the initiative to manage projects and solve problems. Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of electrical and electronic theory, ability to read schematics (electrical, mechanical/piping), P&ID diagrams, and blue prints.
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!