Sr. Maintenance Mechanic
- Huntersville, NC
This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
Overview: Responsible for installation, set up, maintenance and repair of all equipment related to plant operation, services and facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment; proven electrical, mechanical, welding, tool and die, and lift truck experience.
- Must be knowledgeable in pneumatics, blue prints/schematic readings, PLC's and fabrication.
- Aid in machine recipe development and best practices.
- Audit machine set-ups.
- Diagnoses mechanical and electrical issues associated with all equipment in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience servicing automated equipment preferred.
- Maintain housekeeping in areas of assigned responsibility to ensure a safe and clean work environment.
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills, decision making ability and mathematical knowledge.
- Repair and maintain mechanical systems on production equipment.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must also have excellent communication and mechanical skills.
- Must have excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Must be able to complete large projects on time and with little supervision.
- Must have good understanding of mechanical movement
- Must be able to fabricate and possess good welding skills
- Must be willing to work overtime with little or no notice.
- Must be willing to switch shifts when needed.
- Must have his/her own set of tools
- Must have some background with troubleshooting and maintaining electrical systems.
- Thermoforming experience preferred but not necessary
SPECIFIC SKILLS & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Worked with the following: Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Blueprint reading (mechanical/electrical), Welding, Using shop equipment, Computer literate and Fabrication
- 7 to 10 years skilled Machinist experience in high precision machine shop/manufacturing environment
- Computer literacy in Desktop Applications to include data collection and manipulation
- Ability to execute close tolerance fabrication, component assembly and machine set-up
- Skilled in using precision measurement and set-up devices
- Competent in working with computerized machine controls and interfaces.
- Highly organized, problem solver, able to handle multiple tasks, self-motivated with strong sense of accountability.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with people at all levels within the organization.
- Leadership experience preferred.
- Self-directed with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Results focused with strong desire to identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities.
- Must be a Team player.
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent.
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!
Back to top