This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
Objective: The Set up Mechanic is responsible to setup, maintain, and repair company machines in order to assure the uninterrupted flow of production in accordance with company procedures and specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Setup of a variety of machinery and equipment.
- Adjust machines for changeovers.
- Use of a wide variety of tools to make the necessary adjustments.
- Must get line up and running to standard within time standards.
- Must be able to perform minor maintenance repairs.
- Ability to train people.
- Must be willing to work as a key member in a team environment.
- Must treat employees with dignity and respect.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills with all employees.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed to complete projects.
- Must have prior experience as an operator and forklift driver.
- High school diploma preferred but not required
- All maintenance personnel are expected to be available to work in all areas of thermoforming production
- Dependable and punctual; flexible to scheduling needs
- Ability to work with varying personalities; well organized; ability to communicate at all levels
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job:
- Ability to lift a maximum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to carry 20 lbs.
- Frequent ladder/stair climbing
- Frequent walking, squatting, kneeling, bending, reaching
Work is performed in a manufacturing environment, which can be hot in the summer and cool in the winter; noisy at most times.
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!