This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
Responsible for the safe, controlled start-up and operation of repelletization machinery to convert flake into pellets.
- Follows all Plant Safety Policies & Procedures
- Participate in safety programs
- Operate hydraulic jack or walkie to move articles to and from the repel area.
- Removal of packaging material from gaylords of flake.
- Inspect flake for quality and the presence of any contamination which will affect product quality or operation of the repel lines.
- Inspect final product for defect
- Legibly record information from raw material on appropriate paperwork to ensure accuracy of all production reports.
- Load flake into repel hopper in a timely manner to ensure machine run time.
- Lifting of empty gaylords and pallets into neat organized stacks.
- Maintain repel area in a neat organized manner (5S). This may require the use of approved Tiger Vac, broom, shovel, and other cleaning supplies as needed.
- Develop a good working knowledge of the equipment, controls, safety features, and operating procedures of all repel lines to ensure safe operation. This includes but is not limited to: Ability to monitor vital functions of repel lines; Perform a screen change on a repel line; Perform a controlled shut down; Perform an emergency shut down; Ability to monitor product.
- Perform required Lockout/Tagout Procedures
- Perform required preventative maintenance tasks
- Assist with line maintenance when possible.
- Call help chain when required
- Other tasks as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or GED
- This position requires the ability to be able to stand and walk for more then 2/3 of the time, the ability to talk and hear for up to 2/3 of the time, the ability to use hands, handle or feel, climb and balance, reach with hands and arms more than 2/3 of the time, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, smell for up to 2/3 of the time.
- This position requires the ability to be able to lift up to 50 pounds more than 2/3 of the time.
- This position requires regular and reliable attendance and punctuality.
- This position requires PPE to be worn based on the task being performed.
- This position requires the ability to work near moving mechanical parts for more then 2/3 of the time.
- This position requires the ability to work in loud noise level areas, wearing required proper hearing protection
- This position requires the ability to work in high, precarious places, in extreme hot (non-weather) and around fumes or airborne particles for more than 2/3 of the time.
- This position requires the following vision abilities:
- Close Vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
- Distance Vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more)
- Color Vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
- Peripheral Vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point)
- Depth Perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
- Ability to Adjust Focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
- This position requires frequent exposure to plant environment including extreme temperatures, dust and high noise levels. Eye and hearing protection, along with any other PPE required based on the task at hand, are required in the plant.
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!