Plant Production Manager
This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
- Responsible for providing leadership and direction to assigned department(s), product line(s) or profit center(s) and teams in order to meet production goals, ensure a safe work environment, and meet customer specifications.
- Typically supervises 200+ employees including both salaried and hourly.
- Schedule, track, & monitor production and costs to ensure unit meets established goals while maintaining a safe work environment and quality standards
- Maintain effective workforce through hiring, training, coaching and disciplinary actions.
- Implement and demonstrate best practices and consistent policies.
- Complete and maintain timely and accurate reports on critical production outcomes such as efficiency, downtime, cost, etc.
- Provide feedback up and down the organization.
- Develop and implement safety awareness programs, communicate safety issues, correct safety related problems, and lead investigations into safety related issues.
- Participate in designing and implementing continuous improvement processes.
- BA/BS degree preferred, in Industrial Management, Engineering or Business.
- 5 years of manufacturing experience including 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Prior experience with HAACP and BRC standards preferred
- Knowledge of Kaizen, 5S or other lean manufacturing methodologies
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of statistical methods and process improvement techniques.
- Must demonstrate proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective team building and demonstrated leadership skills.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) with all levels in the organization.
- Knowledge of SAP preferred
- Experienced in a metric based organization preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to direct, coach, and train employees as well as plan, monitor and schedule work.
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.