This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
At Pactiv, the health and safety of our employees is a top priority. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we have implemented a number of safety precautions at all of our locations to protect our employees. These precautions include but are not limited to, mandatory face coverings, daily COVID-19 screenings, including temperature screenings, social distancing requirements, and proper hygiene protocols. In addition, we provide all of our employees with regular COVID-19 updates and education.
PROCESS TECHNICIAN LEAD
This position maintains the reliability and availability of all automation, controls and IT equipment, systems and processes throughout the facility. Provides electrical and mechanical support in the development, analysis and maintenance of processes, equipment and products. Works closely with all plant personnel to perform tests, diagnostics, repairs, improvements and upgrades to all machines, equipment, instrumentation, procedures, products, product performance, etc.
- Drive a zero EHS incident culture, support and participate in incident investigations to determine root cause and identify preventive actions, correct unsafe conditions and acts immediately, and use every incident or near miss as a teaching moment for others
- Attend Tier Meetings and utilize the Pactiv Business System (PBS) to promote continuous improvement, i.e.; A3, 5S, Standard Work, Problem Solving, etc.
- Monitor, adjust, calibrate and repair manufacturing equipment, instruments, fixtures, etc.
- Conduct in-depth PLC, HMI, motor drive troubleshooting and provide effective solutions
- Perform electrical and electronic installations and modifications
- Understand in depth electric circuitry, electronics and electromechanical concepts, both AC and DC
- Understand hydraulics, pneumatics and mechanical concepts
- Interpret all levels of drawings, wiring diagrams, schematics, specifications, etc.
- Read and modify PLC ladder diagrams
- Sustain an understanding of the latest state of the art automation and control techniques
- Utilize problem solving techniques including PDCA to solve problems to root cause, implement actions that prevent reoccurrence, improve operations, etc.
- Supply technical assistance to constantly improve Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE)
- Coordinate efforts between plant and corporate personnel to resolve IT issues
- Create and modify procedures
- Adhere to budgets by managing monthly spend to the given forecast, and explain variances as requested
- Provide training to all levels of the organization
- Supervise contractors to minimize scheduled and unscheduled downtimes
- Maintain and manage engineering department technical procedures, manuals and drawings, including records of as-built equipment and process changes
- Sustain housekeeping in assigned areas to ensure a safe and clean work environment
- Work flexible hours including weekends and holidays, and subject to be on-call
- High school graduate or equivalent required
- Apprenticeship or equivalent training required
- Associates Degree in Maintenance or Industrial Technology preferred
- Minimum ten years industrial maintenance experience with extensive automation and controls work
- Information Technology (IT) working knowledge including networking, computers, Ethernet systems, etc.
- Must have acceptable safety, attendance and work records
- No recordable accidents within the past 6 months
- No more than 5 absences (incidents) in the past 12 month rolling period
- No Step 2 Disciplinary Action in the past 12 months
- Proficient in computer applications including Microsoft applications, Outlook, SAP, etc.
- Working knowledge OSHA, National Electric Code (NEC), Allen Bradley and Siemens systems
- Strong troubleshooting skills and logic to solve problems to root cause
- Knowledge and ability to apply mathematical concepts
- Proactive and self-motivated to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to make decisions under time constraints and tight deadlines
- Able to interact with other associates in a team oriented environment
- Lift up to 35 pounds
- Possess or immediately purchase the required tools for the position
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.