Process Engineer - Plastics Manufacturing
This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
This position can be based from home as long as you are near a major airport
- Support all aspects of the APET and OPS/MFPP Value Streams Extrusion and Thermoforming Manufacturing Technology with a goal of improving the APET and OPS/MFPP Value Streams profitability.
- Primary responsibility will be in the area of Extrusion and Thermoforming.
- Develops process methods and controls to meet quality standards.
- Provides expert technical consultation in multiple areas for the design, development and implementation of processes and systems.
- Develop breakthrough solutions to problems that adversely affect the APET and OPS/MFPP Value Streams profitability or project implementation.
- Provide expert technical advice, counsel and training in one or more areas to solve problems, identify new project opportunities, and guide the development of new initiatives.
- Troubleshoots mechanical, electrical equipment and process issues and provides technical leadership and training to resolve same.
- Develops, writes, implements, submits and/or presents various technical reports or CARs in support of cost reduction, reliability and safety initiates.
- Manage medium to large capital projects. (.500 million to 7 million)
- Prepare proposals for initiating new projects.
- Coordinate and lead new equipment, process, and product trials and production start-up efforts.
- BS in Engineering a plus with typically 4+ years of applicable experience
- Will look at candidates without BS in Engineering if they have comparable experience.
- 4+ years APET and/or OPS/MFPP engineering experience APET and OPS/MFPP manufacturing process/project engineering experience.
- Familiarity with TPS processes and concepts. (AKA Lean Manufacturing)
- Supervisory experience with contract personnel and technical associates a plus
- Solid communications skills, both written and verbal, required.
- Utilizes a variety of concepts, practices and procedures within a particular engineering field.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and establish priorities.
- Recognized as a technical leader and key resource.
- Ability to travel to between 60% and 100% to company locations, depending upon where you live within the United States.
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.