This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
Objective: Train new Packaging Associate employees
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Thoroughly understand and able to perform all responsibilities of a Packaging Associate; in addition must understand the various packaging supplies, the BOM, and Packaging Specification Sheet as well as the two plastics used and how to differentiate between them and Flash, Shorts, Grease, Rust Marks, Bubbles, Splay, Runners, types of Runners, Contamination, and Color Variation and how to handle each scenario
- Familiarize Packaging Trainees with the various processes in LIDS over a 90 Day period to ensure consistent properly packaged quality product following a specified process/procedure
- Objectively review each Trainee during the initial 90 day training period and recommend continued employment for Trainees who succeed
- Review the Packaging Associate orientation process and make recommendations to improve and/or streamline the process
- Coordinate the Trainees’ schedules, assigning Trainees to specific pieces of equipment
- Coordinate Trainee break and lunch schedules with Supervisors or lead and ensure the Trainees are familiar with the layout of the plant and are able to locate exits, lunchrooms, bathrooms, supply rooms, etc.
- Demonstrate the proficiencies required for Packaging Associate and work with each Trainee to ensure he/she understands the expectations and tolerance levels, with an emphasis on Quality
- Document the Trainees’ progress ensuring a positive trend in attaining Rate
- Facilitate the safety requirement
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Experience: minimum of 90 days in Packaging Associate position; Packaging Specialist preferred
- Ability to read and understand English; bilingual (Spanish) preferred
- Strong understanding of quality specification
- Dependable and punctual; flexible to scheduling needs
- Ability to work with varying personalities; well organized; ability to communicate at all levels
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!