This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safely and effectively operates Palletizer equipment to maintain equipment efficiency and produce quality product.
- Troubleshoots line for minor issues with minimal assistance items such as cleaning and aligning of sensors, worn cylinders, grease bearings, re-start sensors. Capable of performing equipment downtime assessment and error recovery. Be able to recognize when to escalate to the Automation technician and provide the correct description of downtime event when a major downtime occurs.
- Capable to handle forklift (LTO) for loading pallets, slip sheet rack. Inspect pallets to assure they are in good condition.
- Monitor incoming product quality, assure that the cases meet the palletizer system requirements.
- Supervise and Support the packer in his duties when necessary.
- Maintain material for the stretch wrapper, palletizer, and function of the labelers.
- Perform TPM (Total Preventive Maintenance) activities
- Review product that end up in the rework area and analyze reasons of rework. Perform rework recovery and bring product back in operations. If suspect product is coming from upstream, address this with upstream shift supervisor.
- Maintain run efficiencies for the line and product type. Assure that the palletizer hit production run rate and is capable to correct material and minor start-stop issues.
- Ensures quality of products online and completes all the necessary paperwork associated with running the line in a timely and accurate manner. Fill in hourly visual production board
- Capable to recognize upstream constraints or when the palletizer gets starved, address and fix these issues on upstream conveyor. Frequently review the camera system that monitor the upstream conveyor
- Communicates daily with shift management to target problem areas and devise action plans
- Provides relief to employees working online for breaks/lunches and assists other technicians as needed.
- Follows all Company established rules and policies.
- Adheres to all Safety rules and regulations
- Ensures housekeeping in area(s) of responsibility is safe, clean and tidy
SPECIFIC SKILLS & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Candidate should have 3+ years of manufacturing experience, preferably in the plastics industry.
- Basic Automation packaging experience and understand basic robot operations, is highly preferred
- Have experience with safety practices from working around robot processes
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated electro-mechanical aptitude, is essential
- Ability to work independently as well as working with others effectively as a part of a team is essential
- Flexibility to work overtime and off-shifts, as needed
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!