This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
- Ability to follow department procedures regarding roll identification, labeling, slitter production records, and reclaim roll procedures.
- Climb railcars and resin silo ladders as necessary.
- Safely operate downstream equipment such as edge trim grinders and winder.
- Handle roll stock from the winder to the racking system and to the thermoforming lines using a forklift
- Perform quality testing for sheet properties and QA/S computer skills.
- Assist team as required including the thread up of the entire line from the die to the winder.
- Assist in recycling scrap sheet.
- At least one year of prior manufacturing experience required, preferably in extrusion
- Ability to read and follow written procedures
- Ability to interface with computer control systems, quality lab instruments and QA/S systems.
- Must be able to obtain certification and license to safely operate a lift truck.
- Prior experience in machine operation preferred
- Must successfully complete TFPP Operator Specialist certification within 120 days.
- Must be able to interact and effectively communicate with other associates in a team oriented environment.
- Must have ability to quickly troubleshoot process issues in a fast paced environment.
- Must be self-driven and able to work independently, completing tasks with little supervision.
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!