Operator Associate 1 (1st and 2nd Shift)
- Kinston, NC
Operator Associate 1
This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
Starting wage up to $15.58
**Now Hiring -Full Time Direct with Great Benefits including 401K Match and Fast Career Growth!**
- Troubleshoots complex causes of machine malfunctions. Makes appropriate adjustments and repairs to ensure that quality of the cartons meets specifications and that machines operate properly.
- Properly feed blanks on up to four cup machines per company procedure.
- Change out bottom stock as necessary.
- Maintain and accurately complete machine hour by hour charts.
- Perform detailed routine quality checks on printed materials and fully formed products.
- Understand and effectively complete the necessary procedures for performing start up and shut down of machinery.
- Communicate effectively with order department personnel to maintain quality standards and production requirements.
- Assist in training other operators as needed.
- Perform daily housekeeping responsibilities.
- Performs other related duties to contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by supervision.
- Basic understanding of machinery.
- Ability to use hand tools to remove, install, and adjust parts of machine.
- Ability to perform simple calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) and applies good mathematical reasoning.
- Ability to take and interpret measurements from a tape measure, caliper and dial indicators.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must be able to read, understand, and apply work procedure.
- Positive work attitude and willingness to cooperate.
- Required to stand to perform all duties of the job.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!
Back to top