This Position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
This position leads the efforts on their assigned shift to maintain the reliability and availability of all equipment and systems throughout the facility. Provides shift leadership for the maintenance and repair of mechanical, electrical and electronic components.
- Lead the effort on their shift to effectively utilize the Maintenance Connection CMMS software.
- Communicate effectively with the manufacturing leadership personnel on their shift, with the other maintenance team leaders and the Maintenance Manager.
- Conduct the “end of shift” turnover meeting with the oncoming maintenance shift team leader.
- Represent the maintenance department for their shift by attending the applicable tier meetings and providing input as needed.
- Log all work performed by the team on their shift.
- Ensure scheduled equipment is in operation and achieving desired results at all time
- Conduct inspections, major rebuilds, upgrades and equipment installations
- Perform in-depth troubleshooting and provide effective solutions
- Interpret drawings, diagrams, schematics, specifications, PLC ladder diagrams, etc.
- Understand hydraulics, pneumatics, electric circuitry, electronics and electromechanical concepts, both AC and DC
- Supply technical assistance to constantly improve Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE)
- Assist the Operator Mechanics by performing repairs on mechanical components and systems
- Work with Electrician Specialist to diagnose, repair and/or replace electrical components and systems
- Support Utilities with facility work, buildings and grounds, fire protection, etc.
- Sustain an understanding of the latest state of the art maintenance techniques
- Maintain housekeeping in assigned areas to ensure a safe and clean work environment
- Work flexible hours including weekends and holidays, and subject to be on-call
- Any other duties as assigned
- High school graduate or equivalent required
- Apprenticeship in a maintenance related field or equivalent training required
- Associates Degree in Maintenance or Industrial Technology preferred
- Minimum five years industrial maintenance experience
- Must have acceptable safety, attendance and work records
- No recordable accidents within the past 6 months
- No more than 5 absences (incidents) in the past 12 month rolling period
- No Step 2 Disciplinary Action in the past 12 months
- Proficient in computer applications including Microsoft applications, Outlook, SAP, etc.
- Working knowledge of OSHA and National Electric Codes
- Strong troubleshooting skills and logic to solve problems to root cause
- Knowledge and ability to apply mathematical concepts
- Understanding of preventive (PM) and predictive (PdM) maintenance techniques
- Proactive and self-motivated to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Good written and verbal communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Ability to make decisions under time constraints and tight deadlines
- Able to lead and interact with other associates in a team oriented environment
- Lift up to 35 pounds
- Possess or immediately purchase the required tools for the position
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!