- Kinston, NC
This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Mechanic is responsible for the repair, troubleshooting and servicing of all equipment. The specific duties are to include but are not limited to the repair and preventive maintenance of Thermoforming machines and all auxiliary equipment related the department. This includes all electric, hydraulic, and pneumatic areas of equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Perform all preventative maintenance on machinery and auxiliary equipment as required and as delegated by Manager.
- Rebuild all machine parts as necessary and installs as needed.
- Perform prep work, set up and installation of new equipment.
- Ensure all equipment and machinery is operating properly during his her shift.
- Must be able to read and understand electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic blueprints and sketches.
- Must be to read and use the following tools: ruler, micrometer, calipers, and assorted hand tools. These work tools are all associated with the repair and maintenance work.
- Must be able to read with comprehension, repair manuals for machinery.
- Perform designs, fabrications, weld and burn with torch as needed.
- Need some basic lathe and milling machine experience. Required for some repairs done on machines and equipment.
- Ensure that proper lock-out / tag-out procedures are adhered to while performing work on machines or equipment.
- Assure all areas around equipment are safe and keep work area clean and organized at all times.
- Must have overall mechanical knowledge in all facets of manufacturing operations and equipment to ensure operations run efficiently and smoothly.
- Must have 5+ years experience in maintenance, preferably in manufacturing.
- Must be able to read (blueprints) with comprehension and application and, perform math functions.
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!
Back to top