This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
Starting Salary at $32.55
• Read blueprints & wiring diagrams for the installation & repair of equipment and the facility.
• Examines mechanical equipment to diagnose trouble. Disassembles, repairs/replaces parts and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment, such as motors, pumps, conveyors, belts, fans, etc.
• Develops simple types of experimental & operating equipment.
• Cleans, lubricates & adjusts functional parts of mechanical devices as necessary.
• Major electrical repairs including 3-phase, 440 & troubleshoots PLC’s, new installations of equipment, replaces and tests electrical circuits, equipment, and appliances.
• Uses precision measuring tools/devices, hand tools and testing instruments.
• Inspects and test electrical equipment, lighting, signal, communication, and power circuits.
• Isolates defects in wiring, switches, motors, and other electrical equipment using testing instruments such as ammeter, ohmmeter, voltmeter, testing lamp, or megger.
• Replaces faulty switches, sockets, and other elements of electrical systems.
• Removes or replaces electrical transformers & lighting fixtures. Completes circuits according to specifications.
• Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures, including lock-out/tag-out.
• Ensures electrical work conforms to OEM requirements and safety codes.
• Inspects completed repairs.
• Requisitions new parts and equipment.
• Maintains a clean and orderly work area throughout the shift.
• Communicates problems encountered throughout the shift to the production supervisor, maintenance lead acting supervisor or maintenance supervisor.
• Installs lighting fixtures and replaces bulbs and ballast.
• Performs carpenter, plumbing, and painter related work.
• Operates any equipment needed to perform job.
• Performs other related duties to contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by supervision.
• Repair parts that require minor machine work & welding. Uses gas & electric welding equipment.
• Must be capable of covering both mechanical and electrical equipment without support on off shifts.
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!