This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
- Working knowledge of AC & DC motors and drives systems.
- Perform preventative maintenance on a variety of production equipment.
- Completes general repairs to buildings and structures as required.
- Ability to learn tool changes and machine setups on production and packaging equipment.
- Effectively communicate information to other Team Members at shift change and to Maintenance Leadership using Work order documents or logbook.
- Ability to troubleshoot, repair and recommend improvements to facility equipment (vacuum systems, compressed air systems, cooling tower systems and material handling systems).
- Ability to learn & follow written procedures as they relate to work orders, PM schedules, and Process Safety Management maintenance procedures with minimal follow-up from leadership.
- Possess a working knowledge of multi meters, amp meters and various test equipment is helpful.
- Understand and follow safe work rules in regards to cutting and welding, operating shop equipment and conducting mechanical and electrical repairs.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Must learn & follow all department and plant policies and procedures.
- Possible daily lifting of up to 40 lbs.
- Must possess strong leadership skills
- Must have own hand tools
- Valid driver's license and Pactiv certification required; training provided.
- Must be able operate the lathe, mill, and shop tools as required.
- Must be able operate shop-welding equipment as required.
- Good performance, safety and attendance records.
- Follow safety rules, Good Manufacturing Policy rules, CDC rules and have a team oriented demeanor.
- Hair and or beard hair groomed and maintained to support food safety standards with the use of hair and/or beard nets.
- Have good personal hygiene for self and proper work attire.
- Must be able to understand written and verbal instructions in English.
- Strong computer skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Must be able to arrive on time for scheduled shifts.
- Must be able to write legibly on production and quality documentation.
- Must be able to meet fast-paced working conditions. (ie. Manufacturing, packing houses, warehousing construction, fieldwork, other hot working environments)
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and holidays as required.
- Ability to work any shift and rotate through on-call schedule.
- Must be able to safely operate forklifts and man lifts as required.
- Minimum 2 years of completed technical school.
- Indoor industrial environment that may experience high temperatures and humidity during the summer months.
- Hearing Protection required due to industrial machinery sound level.
- 40 hour work week, scheduled over 3 different 8 hours shifts over a 7 day work week. We are a 24/7 manufacturing facility.
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.