This position is for Pactiv, Evergreen .
Thermoforming operators are responsible for operating thermoforming machines throughout the shift, assisting others to meet production goals according to customer specifications, and maintaining a safe work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall continuing manufacturing process.
- Accurately reads and operates machine’s computer console.
- Sets up and installs mold bases.
- Uses measurement instruments to check work.
- Makes adjustments and notifies Tooling personnel of the need for more complex machine adjustments.
- Removes parts from the press.
- Loads and removes inserts in the mold (change over) and inspects parts.
- When necessary, performs the same duties as other production employees and packers.
- Packs plastic containers and lids of various sizes into sleeves and boxes.
- Grinds scrap material out of sleeves.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess a high school diploma or equivalent; technical degree preferred.
Must be reliable, detail oriented, and self-driven with the ability to multitask while meeting deadlines.
Prior experience working with thermoformers and/or in the plastics industry is preferred.
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!