This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for running, troubleshooting, quality and efficiency of the Production Lid Line for all phases - Extruder, Forming Press, Thermo Press and box erector.
- Comply with all EHS policies, procedures, and safe work instructions in place
- Able to read and reference a machine-operating manual.
- Initiates work orders as needed to maintain equipment and ensure efficiencies.
- Actively engaged in the upkeep for the equipment, maintain a safe, clean and orderly work environment.
- Trouble-shoots any minor repair problems as necessary, and initiates corrective action to resolve problems.
- Effectively communicates problems to the Lead Hand, Production Coordinator or the relevant department manager.
- The use of some tools may be required.
- Perform statistical measurements and records results as prescribed utilizing calculators, calipers, etc.
- Completes all production reports, as required.
- Instruct, train and evaluate employees as required to ensure business continuity.
- Ensures lock-out/tag-out procedures are adhered to.
- Performs other related duties to contribute to the success of the operation.
- Achieve daily planned outputs.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives such as 2P events, etc. as required.
- Perform daily raw material inventory audits and reports.
- Familiarity with PLC controls and troubleshooting.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Responsible for compliance with all aspects of GMP, food safety and quality initiatives.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2-5 years experience in Thermoforming / Extrusion
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Math Skills (calculators to determine and record production data)
- Mechanical aptitude and understanding mechanical systems
- Basic troubleshooting skills to resolve minor machine issues relating to its operation
- Understanding of production measurement tools such as level, etc.
- Detailed record keeping
- Manual Dexterity
- Hand/eye coordination
- Attention to detail
- Lifting up to 15 lbs. / Pulling / Pushing
- Hot temperatures in the summer months
- Fast pace environment
- Heat during summer months could occur
- Very noisy work area - hearing protection is mandatory.
- Repetitive work
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.