This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
Lead Packer Job Description
Summary: Responsible for the production and upkeep on all Thermoforming equipment. Perform all duties to set-up, run and monitor the above equipment. Train employees on lower level tasks as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directing of personnel to distribute daily work assignments
- Operate the equipment and maintain standards for rate, quality, scrap, set-ups, etc.
- Feed product into the machine, packing finished goods, palletizing and moving full pallets of product in and out of the department.
- Troubleshoot equipment to run quality product at specified rate with minimal downtime and scrap.
- Perform set-ups, including preparation for the next job.
- Complete all paperwork pertaining to the job, completely and accurately.
- Follows safety rules and keeps work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Monitor and direct the activities of temporary employees in the course of their daily activities.
- Minor lifting up to 50 pounds; 75% / 25% Stand/Sit
- Performs other duties as required.
- Candidate should have 3+ years of experience within a manufacturing organization with a preference towards bagging equipment.
- Must have High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to work any specified shift, including weekends and holidays.
- Good communication skills are required to interact with Supervision and other Departments.
Work Environment: 75% production floor / 25% office; Environment has extreme hot and cold temperatures and is loud in certain areas of the production floor.
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!