EXTRUSION MACHINE OPERATOR
This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
Starting wage up to $ 22.95
**Now Hiring -Full Time Direct with Great Benefits including 401K Match and Fast Career Growth!**
- Competitive pay with quick growth potential plus additional shift premium for nights
- Full-time opportunities - 40 hours per work week with overtime possibilities
- Vacation Time
- Paid Holiday Time-off
- Safety Bonus
- Productivity Bonus
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Match
- Training Opportunities
- On-the-job Training to build your career!
This role oversees all production equipment with essential duties that include set up and operation of an extrusion machine. In this role, you will ensure that all machinery is running efficiently, producing quality product, and complete minor mechanical work. This role also involves making adjustments, keeping the equipment and production area clean.
- Safely operate extrusion machine to produce foam, which include maintaining equipment, keeping records, following production schedules, following safety guidelines, and making sure the final products meet quality standards.
- Trouble shoot, identify and correct machine related problems through proper adjustments to various parts of the machine.
- Serve as a subject matter expert to production staff and assist with training and development.
- Provide innovative solutions for production issues.
- Use cleaning solutions including using grease guns, oilcans, air hoses and cleaning cloths to properly clean equipment and production area with sustainment of the 5S process.
- Qualified candidates’ will have 1 to 2-years’ experience in a fast-paced production environment with some mechanical knowledge of industrial systems; Preferably with foam extrusion.
- Proven mechanical ability and aptitude with proven ability to troubleshoot and perform minor repairs on heavy machinery.
- Previous leadership experience, preferred.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with little to no supervision.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!