Electro-Mechanical Technician - $1,000 Sign On Bonus
- Conyers, GA
This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
Hourly wage up to $ 34.11
**Now Hiring -Full Time Direct with Great Benefits including 401K Match and Fast Career Growth!**
Build your career at Pactiv!
One of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of food service and food packaging products.
- Competitive pay with quick growth potential plus additional shift premium for nights
- Full-time opportunities - 40 hours per work week with overtime possibilities
- Vacation Time
- Paid Holiday Time-off
- Safety Bonus
- Productivity Bonus
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Match
- Training Opportunities
- On-the-job Training to build your career!
The Electro-Mechanic is the front line “reactive” individual trouble-shooter and systems analyzer. Candidate must have electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical knowledge that allows a comprehensive and thorough understanding of process and electrical controls. Strong manufacturing background with demonstrated mechanical aptitude and process troubleshooting skills required. Ability to work independently.
- Tasked with performing or assisting with all major and minor electrical repairs including480V 3-phase motor repairs/installation, motor starter circuit repairs, VFD drives, photo-optic sensing devices, proximity switches, E-Stop circuitry, and ground fault detection in accordance to the guidelines established by Pactiv’s “Electrical Safety Program”
- Utilize precision measuring tools/devices, hand tools and testing instruments (Amp meter, Ohm meter, testing lamp, megger, etc.) for electrical equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and basic electrical symbol identification.
- Understand electrical theory including basic ohms-law application.
- Troubleshoot difficult maintenance problems that occur throughout the plant with a major emphasis on electrical problems, to include A.C. and D.C. drives, PLC (programmable logic controllers) as well as basic motor control circuits.
- Basic mechanical skills with pneumatics and hydraulic systems. Clean, lubricate, and adjust equipment when needed.
- Basic knowledge of mechanical devices and apparatus with skills in repairing mechanical equipment.
- Examine mechanical equipment to diagnose problems. Disassemble, repair/replace and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment including such devices as motors, conveyors, pumps, belts, chains, etc.
- Read mechanical prints and technical data during the installation and repair of equipment. In addition, the ability to read and interpret PI&D drawings.
- Qualified candidates require either a 2-year Industrial Electrical Degree or 1-2 years’ equivalent experience in an industrial environment.
- Able to operate forklift and high-lift equipment, welding experience desired.
- High degree of mechanical ability and aptitude with proven ability to troubleshoot and perform repairs on electro-mechanical equipment.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with little to no supervision.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits:our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!
Back to top