This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Diagnose malfunctioning systems and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
• Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
• Repair or replace wiring and equipment, using hand tools and power tools.
• Assemble, install, test and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment and fixtures using hand tools and power tools.
• Test electrical system and continuity of circuits using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes to ensure compatibility and safety of the systems. Basic computer skills with Microsoft windows operating environment for internet based work order system.
• Troubleshooting skills with High-Voltage systems up to 480 Volt 3-phase and 500 volts D-C
• Troubleshooting skills with Low-Voltage control circuits
Test equipment operation including Digital multi-meters and Amp meters
• Schematic reading and basic electrical symbol identification, including ability to interpret specifications
• Electrical theory including basic /OHMs law application
• Basic mechanical skills with pneumatic and hydraulic systems
• Experience with AC/DC Drives and PLC’s in a manufacturing facility
• 3 to 5 years of High-Voltage systems up to 480 Volt 3-phase power and 500 volt D-C, AC/DC Drives and PLC’s in a manufacturing facility.
• Electrical theory including basic ohms-law application with a wide range of technical and mechanical knowledge and skills, as well as basic mechanical skills with pneumatics and hydraulic systems.
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.