At Pactiv, the health and safety of our employees is a top priority. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we have implemented a number of safety precautions at all of our locations to protect our employees. These precautions include, but are not limited to, mandatory face coverings, daily COVID-19 screenings, including temperature screenings, social distancing requirements and proper hygiene protocols. In addition, we provide all of our employees with regular COVID-19 updates and education.
The ideal candidate should have 3-10 years of experience working with the application of material handling solutions and collecting distribution data; knowledge of design considerations and volumetrics (SKUs, cases, pallets, cube, storage, truckloads, rates, velocity); and should have an understanding of warehousing and distribution systems and operational considerations (automation/ material handling equipment, operations picking and fulfillment).
- Work as a Liason between Operations, Engineering, and our Equipment and Solution Suppliers.
- Proactively insure the proper use, application, and daily management of our AGV systems and future automation.
- Develop processes, improvement initiatives and identify any training needs of the Operation as it relates to the sustainability and successful use of the AGV systems.
- Record, report, and analyze our uptime, reliability and utilization of our systems. Manage trends, opportunities to optimize, and identify risks and mitigation activities.
- Determines methodology for collecting, analyzing and summarizing data that accurately represents the distribution operation.
- Uses written descriptions, spreadsheets, charts, and material flow diagrams skillfully
- Works on multiple efforts and projects, both independently and as part as a team
- Partners with internal departments, as well external contractors and vendors, to accomplish project goals
- Performs analysis of Operational business requirements and develops solutions to meet or exceed efficiency needs and operational functionality
- Accurately, clearly and concisely communicates process recommendations.
- Keeps current with operating strategies and technologies by attending material handling industry conferences, seminars, etc.
- Understands distribution operations.
- Displays a high level of critical thinking by developing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross-functional problems.
- BS degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain automation, or Engineering discipline.
- 3-10 years of experience in multi-facility distribution operations preferred with varying degrees of automation solutions.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills; demonstrates the ability to work well with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to view and understand CAD drawings.
- Experienced in warehouse data analytics, high analytical ability, skilled at analyzing and summarizing data, and the ability to clearly communicate, both written and verbally.
- Self-Directed & demonstrates the ability to proactively identify and resolve discrepancies or potential issues.
- Must have strong organization skills, be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task, and prioritize work responsibilities with sense of urgency to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates an understanding of distribution operation and automated distribution systems.
Pactiv LLC is the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America and beyond. Since its founding in 1965, Pactiv has grown to support its customers, providing the broadest selection of products made from over a dozen materials. Today, the company is headquartered in Lake Forest, Illinois, and operates over 60 facilities with more than 14,000 employees across the globe. For more information, visit www.pactiv.com.
Pactiv LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
#CB1 "IND1P" #LI-TM1