This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties performed by employees in this position will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Designs & develops sample cartons of all types with assistance.
- Designs dies according to layout & other specifications.
- Uses judgment in planning work for most accurate & efficient production of dies including repair work & assisting with maintaining inventories of dies & die materials.
- Assists with make readies & operation of flatbed press.
- Receives technical direction / instruction from Die Maker “A”. May use helper as required.
- Avoids waste by proper handling of die materials & dies.
- Avoids damage to flat bed press, saws, grinders, benders & common trade tools by proper operation.
- Able to communicate effectively, get along with coworkers & management, & deal effectively & professionally under pressure.
- Performs other related duties to contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by supervision.
- Must be able to speak, read & write in English.
- Must be able to read blueprints.
- Requires working knowledge of all styles & types of folding cartons & box board.
- Must have forklift truck driver’s license.
- General knowledge of how to use basic hand tools.
- Must be able to use fractions & decimals.
- Must have operating knowledge of circular & jig saw; dirll, drill press; grinder; rule benders & cutters; micrometer; dividers & drafting table.
- Works with tolerances of + / - .002”.
- Must be able to drive forklift truck.
- Ability to communicate with Supervisor, Manager, & Quality to determine job specs.
- Avoids waste by proper handling of die materials, dies, counter plates & stripping cylinders.
- Required to exercise normal safety precautions.
- Adjust work schedule to meets customer needs. Must be able to handle schedule changes with short notice.
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits:our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!