- Strong knowledge of industrial electrical systems. Systems Include: High voltage distribution, AC drives (up to 1000 HP), motor starters, relays, and solenoids.
- Strong knowledge of industrial controls. Familiar with different types of PLCs (minimum two – one preferably Allen- Bradley). Control knowledge includes: communication, software modification, and programming.
- Manage Plant Capital Projects - includes design, implementation, documentation and training of affected personnel in both new and modified equipment and procedures.
- Evaluate and implement preventive/predictive maintenance programs on A.C. and D.C. motors, drives and other electrical equipment.
- Provide working database of backup control logic for all programmable control systems.
- Maintain plant laptop licenses.
- Develop and revise plant electrical drawings -- 1) Arch Flash study, 2) P&ID’s (control loops), 3) drives and controls, 4) ladder logic and design.
- Train hourly Shift Electricians – serve as Technical resource for the electrician team.
- Management of contractors including safety elements as required
- Provide off-hour technical support as required.
- BS in Electrical or Control Engineering is preferred or equivalent combination of education and work experience; 3-5 years of previous troubleshooting of industrial electrical systems and experience in programming PLC’s.
- Must be aware of all hazards and work in a safe manner by applying knowledge of all applicable safety rules and following all precautions including lock-out/tag-out procedures and arc flash compliance (NFPA 70E).
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel/Access/Word/Outlook.
- Must be proficient with AutoCAD.
- Experience with documentation of PLC programs and electrical drawings.
- Strong project management skills – ability to keep projects on track and on budget.
- Highly organized problem solver - able to handle multiple tasks and strong sense of urgency - must be a self-starter and must demonstrate the initiative to manage projects and solve problems. Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with people at all levels within the organization.
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.