OFX is continuing to hire with most interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. We welcome conversations around flexible working arrangements for this role. Please indicate in the application questions what working arrangements would be your preference.
G'Day. Nice to meet you. We're OFX, a global provider of online, international payment services for our personal, business and partner customers. Founded 20 years ago and headquartered in Sydney, OFX has grown to become a truly global company. We're now trusted by customers all around the world and have grown to over 350 employees with offices in Sydney, London, San Francisco, Toronto, Auckland, Singapore and Hong Kong. We are a publicly-listed company, listed on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX: 'OFX')
Purpose of your role
The Senior Compliance Advisor contributes Compliance expertise to the Risk and Compliance function as well as to the Commercial arms of OFX. S/he is responsible for the day-to-day oversight and operation for the Asia Pacific (APAC) Compliance Associates including the execution of our compliance programs for Australia, Hong Kong, New Zealand and Singapore and managing escalated matters. This role will act as a people leader for a small collaborative team and provide direction and guidance, appropriately balancing business and compliance needs.
The focus areas for this role
- Provide subject matter expertise and escalation point for Compliance Associates.
- Work closely across the Risk and Compliance function and with Commercial teams, providing advice from a Compliance perspective and for smooth operations.
- Provide technical guidance and support to stakeholders especially related to complex client or payment matters.
- Actively seek to identify and escalate for investigation any matters which may be suspicious.
- Ensure quality and timely regulatory reporting and support regulatory engagement.
- Contribute to the update / review of Programs, Policies and Standards. Work closely with the Assurance and Continuous Improvements team to enhance and documents our processes and procedures.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Compliance Advisory and regulatory reporting function for Asia Pacific including but not limited to the allocation of tasks, first level contact for escalations or urgent matters and updating team with regulatory or procedural changes.
- Promote training and development of the Compliance Associates through support, experience, and guidance.
- Promote development and cohesion throughout compliance teams across the company.
- Other ad hoc tasks/projects as assigned.
- Provide prompt and thorough advice and guidance to the business and stakeholders on enquiries and complex matters.
- Identify and escalate potentially suspicious activities.
- Assist in the execution and monitoring of the Australia, Hong Kong, New Zealand and Singapore AML/CFT Sanction programs.
- Provide escalation point to team on various issues, complaints and/or technical queries.
- Set priorities and plan workload of the team. Ensure work is properly managed on a daily basis.
- Identify and progress control and process improvement opportunities.
- Review staff performance and provide training and coaching where required.
- Provide support to and leadership as a key member of the Compliance function.
Knowledge, skills, experience
- 3+ years' experience in a similar role in Risk and Compliance ideally within the financial sector.
- Knowledge of current AML/CTF, Risk, Anti-Fraud and broader financial services obligations and frameworks in the APAC region.
- Experience with management of a small team.
- Adept at operating in a global collaborative environment.
- Ability to prioritise work and resources, keeping business objectives at the forefront of the decision-making process.
- Strong stakeholder management and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to maintain high standards of accuracy and work under pressure to achieve deadlines.
- Demonstrated self-initiative and ability to work unsupervised.
We're OFXers because we want to make a difference. We see challenges as opportunities and we're not afraid to roll up our sleeves to get stuff done.We're committed to making things easier for our clients, pushing boundaries and continuing to move with the times so that we can continue to inspire confidence every day and through every transaction.
We operate as one team, cross-functionally and globally to drive outcomes that deliver excellence for our customers. We're curious self-starters who love learning and sharing our knowledge with others. We embrace change and use our initiative and resilience to overcome challenges.
Global markets move fast and so do we. We work across borders and time zones, which helps make the world feel a little smaller. From San Francisco, Toronto to London, Dublin, Sydney, Auckland, Hong Kong & Singapore, there's always a colleague to help.
- We promote an environment of reward and recognition, OFXers are encouraged to celebrate their peers' effort, technical expertise or support through a range of channels and awards.
- Giving back, we encourage OFXers to give back to causes and communities that are important to them. We celebrate this with an annual Make a Difference (Volunteer) Day, that OFXers can use together or individually.
- We have a strong and diverse workforce and we're committed to further developing this workplace culture to create an environment of trust, mutual respect and teamwork.We're proud of the breadth of cultural diversity represented by our employees and we aim to celebrate this each year by engaging in employee activities across our offices.
- Always keep learning. Drive your own learning with LinkedIn learning, which all OFXers have access to. We offer a variety of other learning programs and encourage cross functional and soft skill learning.
- We take pride in having a work/life balance and flexibility; we encourage employees to work productively and efficiently.Our OFXers enjoy Birthday leave to celebrate their birthday however they choose.
- Our Good Vibes employee-led committees organise events to keep our employees engaged inside and outside the office. Whether it's participating in ourteam social events, end of year celebrations (currentlybeing hosted virtually). Our team wants you to feel welcome!