If you’re passionate about helping people protect what matters most to them, as well as innovating and simplifying processes and operations to provide the best customer value, then Nationwide’s Property and Casualty team could be the place for you!
Job Description Summary
Directs a team(s) of underwriters and other support staff. Responsible for setting, monitoring, achieving, and measuring the established goals for the region or channel. Develops and implements region's or channel's strategic plans and objectives. Analyzes, develops, and monitors premium and expense budgets. Monitors and approves the preparation of rates and forms filings and authorizes the use of such rates and forms. Builds and manages relationships with distribution partners and other customers. Approves accounts, which exceed underwriting staffs’ authority either due to level of complexity, premium, and class of business or coverage provided. Accountable for underwriting guidelines, rates, forms and procedures across regions or within territory.
Reporting Relationships: Reports to AVP/VP. Responsible for a team of professional level underwriters.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements business strategies, underwriting plans, operational initiatives and portfolio management strategies. Provides business forecasting related to trends, and profitability within region.
- Directs the development, implementation and monitoring of underwriting guidelines, rates, forms, product endorsements and procedures. Monitors and approves the preparation of rates, forms, and endorsement filings and authorizes the use of such rates, forms, and endorsements.
- Directs the strategy for distribution partner relationships/results and recommends corrective action if necessary. Conducts regular visits with distribution partners to understand business needs and to identify new business opportunities
- Approves accounts which exceed underwriting staff’s authority due to level of complexity, premium, and class of business or coverage provided.
- Maintains composition of designated book of business to achieve favorable results. Monitors performance and provides report card on regional results. Takes action based on results as needed.
- Administers and participates in discussions with re-insurers per department guidelines verifying the appropriate use of all reinsurance facilities used by the department, including various treaties, semiautomatic and facultative reinsurance. Maintains good working relationship with re-insurers.
- Interacts with all departments of the company to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Communicates business unit and regional initiatives/goals. Builds alignment within territory teams within the region and across the regions.
- Directs associate management including: performance management, salary planning and administration, training and development, workflow and organizational planning, hiring and placement, and disciplinary actions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Typical Skills and Experiences:
Education: Undergraduate studies with focus in Finance, Accounting Economics, and/or Risk Management.
License/Certification/Designation: CPCU is preferred
Experience: Typically, 8 or more years related experience as a Casualty Underwriter. Leadership experience in the Casualty lines of business is preferred. Proven ability to supervise, train, motivate employees and set work priorities in all aspects of multi-line underwriting support and rating. Some experience in the technical aspects of data management, imaging and procedures and processes helpful.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills: In-depth knowledge of excess casualty lines of business underwriting policies, practices and procedures, and underwriting marketing principles and techniques. Comprehensive knowledge of financial statements, financial analysis, investments, market conditions essential. Knowledge related to insurance, contract and business law preferred. Knowledge of employment principles and practices. Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate with individuals and groups via telephone, fax, e-mail and in person. Demonstrates advanced negotiation skills and strong presentation skills. Ability to direct a highly technical staff. Ability to work with retail brokerage distribution system. Ability to analyze highly complex insurance risks to determine acceptability including policy language, various commercial and alternative rating plans and methodologies, and knowledge of reinsurance. Ability to use/learn job related software; including MS Office Suite of products. Ability to devise business solutions to complex problems, implement the most appropriate and monitor effectiveness. Ability to make decisions on highly complex issues and work with minimal direction. Ability to coach, train and mentor managers and underwriting personnel. Ability to analyze and interpret mathematical, statistical and logical data and evaluate its reliability and significance.
Other criteria, including leadership skills, competencies and experiences may take precedence.
Staffing exceptions to the above must be approved by the hiring manager’s leader and HR Business Partner.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.
Overtime Eligibility: Not Eligible (Exempt)
Working Conditions: Normal office environment.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Evaluation Activity: K. Graham, April 30, 2019