If you’re passionate about innovation and love working in an environment where you can constantly improve and adopt new technologies to drive business results, then Nationwide’s Information Technology team could be the place for you!
Compensation Grade: G5
Colorado Residents: Email email@example.com for salary information
- Manage the product architecture for Nationwide's Trial Division (NTD) core Matter and Document Management assets along with other Office of the Chief Legal & Governance Officer (OCLO) applications.
- Hands-on experience designing and/or developing modern, cloud-native applications with cloud platforms and container technologies.
- Hands-on experience with integration architectures and technologies supporting Visual Studio, Java, APIs/Apigee, API Auth Patterns.
- Experience hosting 3 tier applications on Azure, AWS with large scale storage and performance needs.
- Support packaged Legal applications with varying degree of complexity and technology debt.
- Experience with building large scale data strategy and enabling automation through innovative design to accommodate with existing applications and business needs.
- Identifies technology risk and technical debt related to applications when planning for new solutions, technology upgrades and maintenance of product/application platforms.
- Assists in mentoring lines involved in a product development when unfamiliar, new, or old technologies are introduced.
- Deliver business value by partnering with OCLO operations team, Application Product Managers, build lines and project teams, ensuring solutions are delivered with efficiency, quality, and speed.
Job Description Summary
If you’re passionate about delivering technology solutions to support a company providing extraordinary care to its customers, then Nationwide Technology is the place for you. Nationwide's industry-leading technology workforce embraces an agile work environment and a collaborative culture to deliver outstanding solutions and results. If that sounds like something you aspire to, we want to hear from you!
As a Product Architect you will support a line or lines of business or infrastructure domain and are responsible for the technical quality, integrity and evolution of the application portfolio sustaining a product domain, a business function(s) within a Business Solution Area (BSA) or the technology portfolio.
The Product Architect supports a line of business or infrastructure domain and is responsible for technical quality, integrity and evolution of the application portfolio sustaining a product domain, a business function(s) within a business solution area (BSA) or the technology portfolio.
Develop and maintain systems architecture for a product domain, business function or the technology portfolio. Ensuring that the product meets functional and non-functional requirements.
Key contributor on strategies, blueprints and roadmaps for a given product/application/technology area focused on technical directions like Cloud First. Ensure product/application roadmaps are aligned with solution and enterprise roadmaps with the correct guard rails.
Identifies technology risk, technical currency and technical debt related to applications when planning for new solutions, technology upgrades and maintenance of product/application platforms.
Crafts moderate to sophisticated build patterns, accelerators, building codes standard and carrying out compliance with architecture standards.
Drives technical quality by conducting or participating in architecture, design and code reviews, capacity planning, modeling and testing.
Runs the vitality of technical talent in area of responsibility and provides feedback, suggestions to other people leaders on technical talent.
Assists in mentoring lines involved in a product/application development when unfamiliar, new technologies or techniques are introduced.
May perform other responsibilities as assigned.
Reporting Relationships: Reports to Director or AVP, Chief Architect.
Typical Skills and Experiences:
Education: Undergraduate studies in computer science, management information systems, or a related field is preferred.
License/Certification/Designation: Technology certifications or designation are not required but encouraged.
Experience: Eight to ten years of experience in a Technology domain. Shown skill in multiple architectural domains and various technologies. Awareness of emerging technologies. Experience with cloud technologies is preferred.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills: Good communication and facilitation skills. Ability to make decisions and recommendations on technology strategies while considering various options and business needs. Aptitude to influence, build relationships, negotiate and set priorities needed. Strong executive presence. Insurance/financial services industry knowledge a plus.
Other criteria, including leadership or technical skills, competencies and experiences may take precedence.
Staffing exceptions to the above must be approved by the hiring manager’s leader and HR Business Partner.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values.
Overtime Eligibility: Exempt (Not Eligible)
Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Some travel maybe required.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.