Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Vaccine verification will be required.
In this Sr. Manager R&D, Molecular Biology Research role, you will help lead pre-clinical scientific research and development within the Signatera Molecular Biology Research team.
You will focus on advancing Natera's oncology product portfolio and work within a research team for Signatera. You will lead a small team to investigate the feasibility of applying a wide variety of scientific principles and concepts to potential inventions, products and problems. You will also plan, execute and manage laboratory research.
- Work closely with the Director of R&D to manage a team of scientists while ensuring company, department, and team goals are met.
- Responsible for direct supervision of lab staff and individual contributors performing duties such as experimental testing laboratory testing, data analysis and data review.
- Duties include but are not limited to coaching, motivating, staffing, evaluating, and training staff.
- Actively interact and communicate with interdepartmental teams such as Ops, Accessioning, Bioinformatics, Data Science, Engineering, R&D, and Support.
- Responsible for managing projects and associated timelines and deliverables
- Meet regularly with individual and cross-functional team members to discuss objectives, goals and progress
- Coordinate the planning, execution and analysis of effective experiments with statistics and bioinformatics teams.
- Very strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Degree in molecular biology, cellular biology or closely related field
- Ph.D. with a minimum of 6+ years of relevant industry experience or equivalent, including at least 2 years of leadership/management experience of a molecular biology team
- Must have strong communication and organization skills in being able lead and collaborate with internal functional groups and external pharma and academic collaborators
- Must have strong planning, organizational and time management skills required, must be familiar with project management software.
- Proven success in managing collaborative and individual projects, previous experience managing scientists
- Demonstrated experience in managing and providing leadership to scientists and analysts
- Must have experience with next generation sequencing (NGS) and nucleic-acid based molecular biology
- Ability to perform basic data and statistical analysis (e.g. R, JMP, Excel)
- Extensive experience with nucleic acid technologies relating to PCR, qPCR, multiplex PCR, digital PCR
- Epigenetic/methylation, target enrichment, cfDNA, and NGS data analysis experience is a plus
- Team player with demonstrated strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build effective working relationships within functional area
- Demonstrated success in applying independent scientific judgment in experimental design and analysis
- Experience with Design Control and in a regulated environment a plus
- This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and has access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job
- Employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies and Procedure Compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire.
- Must maintain a current status on Natera training requirements.
Duties are typically performed in an office setting.
This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
Duties may require working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends) at times.
Driven by the passion for elevating the science and utility of genetic testing, Natera is committed to helping families identify and manage genetic diseases. Natera is a rapidly-growing diagnostics company with proprietary bioinformatics and molecular technology for analyzing DNA. Our complex technology has been proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing space and we are actively researching its applications in the liquid biopsy space for developing products with oncology applications.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you'll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you'll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits - Employee benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans for eligible employees and their dependents. Additionally, Natera employees and their immediate families receive free testing in addition to fertility care benefits. Other benefits include pregnancy and baby bonding leave, 401k benefits, commuter benefits and much more. We also offer a generous employee referral program!
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.