Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required.
Senior Manager, Bioinformatics is a hands-on role with experience with high-throughput biological data and a strong interest in quantitative biology and bioinformatics pipeline development. The ideal candidate will manage a small team of bioinformaticians, who work closely with talented R&D Molecular Biology scientists in the Assay Development team. Main responsibility is to lead the computational aspects of assay development, focusing on analysis and optimization of new chemistries and lab techniques. This role will also work cross-functionally with multiple teams including clinical and product to validate a CDx MRD assay.
Want more jobs like this?
Get Software Engineering jobs in San Carlos, CA delivered to your inbox every week.
- Build and lead a team of Bioinformatics Scientists
- Contribute to experimental design, and analysis of research/verification/validation data
- Contribute to development of quality control, and validation plan for newly developed assays
- Developing and implementing production software.
- Responsible for conducting technical design control documentation needed for launching a highly regulated assay
- Act as technical lead during various phases of the product development
- Work closely with product team to understand the market needs
- Master or PhD in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Engineering
- 7+ years of experience working in the Bioinformatics field
- Deep understanding of DNA sequencing data
- Experience programming in Python and Java
- Experience with relational databases
- Solid grasp of computer science fundamentals including data structures and algorithms.
- Proven understanding of the full software development lifecycle including testing, continuous integration, and deployment.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Proven ability to evaluate and apply new technologies in a short time.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated success designing, implementing, and supporting complex pipeline in a scientific or technical environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills to independently make sound judgments and creative solutions to moderately complex problems.
- Effective time management, organization and planning skills; ability to work effectively in team environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Driven by the passion for elevating the science and utility of genetic testing, Natera is committed to helping families identify and manage genetic diseases. Natera is a rapidly-growing diagnostics company with proprietary bioinformatics and molecular technology for analyzing DNA. Our complex technology has been proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing space and we are actively researching its applications in the liquid biopsy space for developing products with oncology applications.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you'll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you'll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits. Healthy catered lunches, Premium snacks and beverages, Onsite gym with cardio and weight-training equipment, Game room with satellite TV, Onsite dry cleaning and alteration service with pick-up and delivery, Employee-organized sport leagues, Happy hours and BBQs, Generous Employee Referral program.
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.