The Oncology Market Development Director - Japan is an individual contributor and a key leader in Natera's oncology business, working with academic institutions, primary investigators, clinical research organizations, pharmaceutical, biotech, to partner in high-impact clinical trials that drive reimbursement in key markets.
- Lead the Business Development process in the area of investigator-initiated trials and strategic partnerships with academic institutions to generate clinical evidence and enable market access for Natera's oncology business.
- Build strong KOL relationships, including principle investigators of key trials and leaders within top medical association/co-ops in assigned geographies or indications.
- Be the face of Natera and drive Natera's academic partnerships; secure and retain partnerships through professional, consultative, and proactive activities directed at key decision makers.
- Identify and analyze potential opportunities for clinical evidence generation/reimbursement; develop and execute plans for each prospective trial and strategic partnership.
- Advocate for partnerships internally, drive contractual processes and manage cross-functional teams (legal, regulatory, R&D, clin ops) to close partnerships.
- Support market access and regulatory activities as required in assigned geographies.
- This role might work with PHI in paper and electronic form or have involve various technologies that access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job.
- Employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies and Procedure Compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire.
- Must maintain a current status on Natera training requirements.
- Employee must pass post offer criminal background check.
- Bachelor's degree required preferably in business, life sciences, economics or another related field. MBA or related advanced degree desired.
- Minimum of 10 years related relevant experience; 5+ years of in-depth commercial, product management, business development and/or marketing in a related industry.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Proven track record of effectively building KOL relationships and driving academic partnering initiatives in the field of oncology.
- Attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities.
- Adapt and be flexible to changing priorities.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Ability to work across cultures and multilingual fluency desirable for international hires.
- Can be based in San Carlos in the San Francisco Bay Area or work remotely.
- Passionate about oncology, genomics, and personalized medicine.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires frequent sitting, standing and walking. Daily use of a computer is required. May stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings.
- The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described.
Travel required for this position:
No ☐ or Yes ☒ : If yes state anticipated percent for travel: up to 50%, domestic and internal as required.
Driven by the passion for elevating the science and utility of genetic testing, Natera is committed to helping families identify and manage genetic diseases. Natera is a rapidly-growing diagnostics company with proprietary bioinformatics and molecular technology for analyzing DNA. Our complex technology has been proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing space and we are actively researching its applications in the liquid biopsy space for developing products with oncology applications.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you'll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you'll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits - Employee benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans for eligible employees and their dependents. Additionally, Natera employees and their immediate families receive free testing in addition to fertility care benefits. Other benefits include pregnancy and baby bonding leave, 401k benefits, commuter benefits and much more. We also offer a generous employee referral program!
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.