Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required.
The Machine Learning Scientist will participate in the design and prototyping of leading-edge deep
learning or statistical learning algorithms for analysis of genetic data.
- Jointly design and develop novel deep learning architectures for applications in genomics.
- Research and develop machine learning and statistical classification algorithms for genetic
- Contribute to research, publication, and product development efforts.
- Apply rigorous mathematical analysis and principles to DNN's, using statistics and probability theory.
- Produce high quality technical documentation including research reports and algorithm specifications.
- PhD degree in machine learning, CS, EE, statistics, or similar. (Inclusive of postdoc.)
- Approx. 5-8 years experience in ML
- Experience with TensorFlow and Python; Jupyter notebooks a plus.
- Recent joint publications
- Knowledge of current deep learning techniques and theory for classification problems.
- Experience applying deep learning methods (to genomic data a plus).
- Experience using transformer based models a plus
- Proficiency in at least one major deep learning framework, preferably TensorFlow.
- Strong foundation in probability theory and in statistical testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the desire to work in a dynamic and
- collaborative environment.
- Desire to learn about human genetics and sequencing technologies.
- Duties are typically performed in an office setting
- This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
- Duties may require working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends) at times.
Driven by the passion for elevating the science and utility of genetic testing, Natera is committed to helping families identify and manage genetic diseases. Natera is a rapidly-growing diagnostics company with proprietary bioinformatics and molecular technology for analyzing DNA. Our complex technology has been proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing space and we are actively researching its applications in the liquid biopsy space for developing products with oncology applications.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you'll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you'll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits. Healthy catered lunches, Premium snacks and beverages, Onsite gym with cardio and weight-training equipment, Game room with satellite TV, Onsite dry cleaning and alteration service with pick-up and delivery, Employee-organized sport leagues, Happy hours and BBQs, Generous Employee Referral program.
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
POSITION LOCATION: NOTE THAT THIS POSITION IS REMOTE AND CAN WORK FROM ANYWHERE IN THE US