Natera requires successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required.
The Clinical Hospital Specialist provides clinical insight and educational support/training on the technical applications of company products. This role provides technical training in the Hospital environment and reports into the Commercial Team.
POSITION LOCATION: This position can be located anywhere in Northern California, WA. or OR. Preferred.
- Educate and recruit Hospital Accounts and Lab Partners to offer Natera's portfolio of tests.
- Provide expertise in Natera's technology and service offerings, representing the company and its business interests at the highest levels
- Engage Key Opinion Leaders (KOL), including MFMs, Genetic Counselors, OBs, Medical Directors, Hospital Administrators, Lab Directors and Senior Management of Partner Labs
- Develop business plans based on sales goals, expectations and available resources, coordinating regional strategies and tactics with Regional Directors
- Effectively work with Natera sales team in order to help maximize potential business opportunities and partnerships
- Implement strategy based on field input and market assessments and trends
- Establish positive working relationships with all key customer segments (internal and external).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent; Master's Degree in Genetic Counseling or MBA preferred.
- Preferred 3 years sales or clinical experience in diagnostic laboratory business (preferably in a genetics laboratory)
- Experience in developing new markets, launching new products.
- Market knowledge and experience in reproductive health preferred.
- The ability to effectively navigate complex situations, internal and external.
- Exceptionally bright, flexible, self-motivated, and results oriented with strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Ability to think strategically as well as execute tactically
- Must act with a sense of urgency
- Have a strong desire to work in a startup environment and must work independently with an internal drive to be successful
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (written and verbal) with demonstrated ability to effectively present to both internal and external customers
- Effective time management skills required with a demonstrated ability to assess and prioritize
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel; Gmail; Sales Force.com
- Excellent Coach, and is coachable
- Team Oriented
- Excellent initiative and self-motivation
- Duties are typically performed in an office setting.
- This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
- Duties may require working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends) at times.
- 50% travel required
Driven by the passion for elevating the science and utility of genetic testing, Natera is committed to helping families identify and manage genetic diseases. Natera is a rapidly-growing diagnostics company with proprietary bioinformatics and molecular technology for analyzing DNA. Our complex technology has been proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing space and we are actively researching its applications in the liquid biopsy space for developing products with oncology applications.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you'll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you'll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits - Employee benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans for eligible employees and their dependents. Additionally, Natera employees and their immediate families receive free testing in addition to fertility care benefits. Other benefits include pregnancy and baby bonding leave, 401k benefits, commuter benefits and much more. We also offer a generous employee referral program!
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
NOTE THAT THIS POSITION IS REMOTE AND CAN WORK FROM ANYWHERE IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA IN THE U.S.