MoneyLion is seeking a Fund Accountant/Senior Accountant to join our Controllers Group supporting accounting operations and various activities of the Credit Fund. This role provides support in functional areas of Fund Accounting. This role will report to the VP of Finance and sit in our NYC headquarters located in the Flatiron district.
Founded in 2013 MoneyLion is a dynamic and innovative fintech company that offers lending, financial advisory and investment services to consumers. Our mission is to change the way 4.5 million hardworking Americans bank, invest, borrow and financially grow. Beyond just a bank, MoneyLion is America’s most powerful financial membership!
MoneyLion employs over 300 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America and Asia. We’re located in NYC, San Francisco, Salt Lake City, and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
About the Role
· Manage daily accounting activities related to the Credit Fund, including cash accounting, preparing Journal Entries, account analysis and reconciliations.
· Liaise with Fund Operations to assist with investors’ reporting, new issuances, redemptions, etc.
· Participate in month-end close, including various journal entries, financial reporting, account analysis and reconciliations.
· Manage Credit Fund intercompany activity and monthly reconciliations.
· Prepare Credit Fund month-end journal entries.
· Create/Maintain reports using Excel Add-in Netsuite tool.
· Manage Financial Reporting related to retail & corporate investors
· Assist/communicate with auditors/tax preparers by providing all necessary information in a timely manner.
· Exposure to multiple teams and levels throughout the company, including the Controllers Group, Strategic Finance, Wealth Management and Capital Markets.
· Work closely with VP of Finance on miscellaneous projects and other tasks as they arise
· Perform other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will thrive in a diverse and fast-paced environment, be exceptionally responsive, and demonstrate strong follow-through and dedication to excellence. A professional attitude, flexible approach and a desire to help others are critical attributes for success.
• You have 3 to 5 years of overall accounting/audit experience
• You have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• You are a quick learner: ability to understand, learn and apply accounting knowledge to constantly changing requirements
• You are a wiz with Microsoft Excel User (pivot tables, v-lookup, etc.)
• You have stellar interpersonal skills, and capable of working with co-workers, vendors and investors at all levels
• You have excellent organization, time management and organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and keep management updated on a progress
• You can work independently in a fast-paced environment and take initiative to solve problems and complete tasks as they arise
• You can stay positive through tough situations and know how to work effectively on a team
A bonus if you have:
• Big Four Audit experience
• CPA (or currently sitting for the exam)
• Financial Services industry/Credit/Hedge/Private Equity Funds experience