Every month, billions of people access Facebook products using mobile devices from across the world. Our mobile teams constantly push the boundaries of the user experience across all our apps, including Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Messenger, and more, as a leader in an exciting and fast-paced industry that is evolving daily. We are seeking full-time iOS Engineers to join our mobile teams. As a Mobile Software Engineer, you will specialize in building elegant products on world-class technologies that bring our social experiences to hundreds of millions of people, anytime and anywhere.We are looking for developers with experience in user interfaces, infrastructure, and/or tools supporting applications on the iPhone or iPad using the iOS SDK. If you are interested in joining a world-class team of passionate people and industry veterans who like to work hard and play hard, we look forward to hearing from you soon!
Software Engineer, iOS Responsibilities:
- Work closely with our product and design teams to build new and innovative application experiences for the iOS platform
- Implement custom native user interfaces using the latest iOS programming techniques
- Build reusable iOS software components for interfacing with our back-end platforms
- Analyze and optimize UI and infrastructure application code for quality, efficiency, and performance
- Complete medium to large features (each with many tasks) independently without guidance
- 2+ years of object-oriented software development experience
- 1+ years experience building complex applications for the iPhone or iPad using Objective-C/C++/Swift with the iOS SDK and other frameworks
- Experience building maintainable and testable code bases, including API design and unit testing techniques
- Experience with multithreading programming and mobile memory management
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience. Degree must be completed prior to joining Meta.
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today-beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. Please note that Meta may leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies in connection with applications for employment.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.