As an Electrical Engineering Manager at Meta Reality Labs (RL), you will lead the team designing Augmented Reality (AR) headsets for Facebook. You will work cross-functionally with teams that will dynamically change depending on the problem and potentially include mechanical, optical, firmware, software, project management, and research experts. We want people who work well in teams, can brainstorm big ideas, work in new technology areas, are able to drive a concept into a prototype and then mature the design to a high-volume consumer product solution. This role will focus on guiding career growth in your team, establishing and tracking goals for highly ambiguous programs, and managing priorities and resources on projects.
Electrical Engineering Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of Electrical Engineers responsible for consumer electronics product development to drive products from pre-prototype to production.
- Identify key roles required for team success and recruit top engineering talent.
- Provide team guidance, regular feedback, education, coaching and mentoring.
- Create career development plans, manage performance, create performance reviews.
- Manage a wide variety of stakeholders while leading process definition for your team.
- Help incubate new technologies into research prototypes.
- Perform architecture and design reviews to ensure hardware quality.
- Collaborate across multiple engineering disciplines in a team environment.
- Effectively influence leaders and key partners to gain alignment.
- Champion of engineering rigor in phase gate development. Create specs and measurable metrics of success to deliver to these requirements.
- Champion a data driven, operational excellence, and establishing processes and operational metrics.
- Work with cross-functional engineering managers and architects on hardware and software integration.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
- BS or higher education in Electrical or Computer Systems Engineering.
- 8+ years of experience with system-level design including circuit design, system bring-up, integration, debug, and embedded firmware coordination.
- 2+ years experience managing a team of Electrical engineers.
- Demonstrated cross-functional collaboration working with Product Design engineers, SW architecture, and other hardware/software functions delivering complex products to production.
- Experience in working with external manufacturing and design partners (CM, ODM).
- Experience with SoC, RF (WiFi/BT), batteries, Audio, sensors integration, Display, custom ASIC/silicon, haptic interfaces, camera sensors, and high speed I/O.
- Familiarity with CAD tools like Cadence OrCAD, Cadence Allegro, Mentor Graphics, and/or Altium Designer.
- Direct experience shipping consumer hardware and in R&D.
- Experience leading and driving electrical design development from schematic capture, PCB layout through assembly.
- Experience with digital circuit design and various communications protocols such as I2C, UART, SPI, USB, MIPI, I2S, etc.
- Experience with high speed signalling over DP, MIPI, HDMI, PCIE, and USB SS.
- Familiarity with testing and delivery of hardware solutions.
- Experience with input devices, health/medical devices, wearables, or devices with high levels of miniaturization.
- Experience with VR/AR systems.
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today-beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. Please note that Meta may leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies in connection with applications for employment.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.