Job TItle: Team Member
Hiring Manager: Michelle Breithaupt Brockman
Team Members are system experts in their assigned area, and are highly functional in multiple areas. Team Members must also ensure efficiency, operational conformance, product quality and continuous improvement. Functions as a member of an area team which is directly responsible for the efficient production of quality products in the required quantities. Operate/change over specified machinery in the assigned area. Team Members must have the skill set to train and/or perform the tasks of other associates in the area as needed. This job requires Strong Communication, Interpersonal and Team Building skills to support site objectives.
- Performs all assigned activities & job tasks within a line or area
- Operates equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Takes corrective actions in solving problems to root cause level.
- Able to assess equipment operating reliability and perform routine repairs, adjustments and malfunction troubleshooting.
- Performs and/or works with Maintenance to complete equipment PM's.
- Able to maintain accurate records of QC checks, production numbers or waste performance.
- Keeps detailed log books: Performs all shift support documentation in a quality matter
- Performs QC tasks such as metal checks, inspection of date codes, item numbers, dump logs, etc.
- High degree of ownership for product quality: Performs all standard quality checks & other quality related duties
- Able to operate a forklift.
- Able to operate a computer and utilize the basic standard desktop systems (LSS, PSL, MIS, SQCIS, etc.).
- Understands principles of inventory control.
- Has knowledge of the plant's products and goals.
- Understands production schedules, production computer systems, work instructions
- Has general knowledge of Mars & the systems used by the business.
OPERATING ENVIRONMENT AND GUIDANCE:
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment, taking initiative with team along with other team members to train, motivate and solve problems.
- Demonstrated ability for communication, verbally and written, along with good listening and organizing skills.
- Participates in and supports the team with a "pro-team" attitude. Works well with others and has good team skills.
- Shows initiative in self and team development, is reliable, uses time wisely and is willing to accept change.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY:
Minor Preventative Maintenance Able to assess equipment operating reliability and perform routine repairs, adjustments and malfunction troubleshooting
High degree of ownership for product quality
Performs all standard quality checks & other quality related duties, and escalates issues as appropriate
Shutting down a system due to a product quality issue, contamination risk, safety risk, or equipment inefficiency. Changes to work instructions.
Changes to team work schedules.
Changes to operating standards.
Shut down system or machines for non-conformities or poor performance.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Self-Development - Ability to learn additional skills and develop in role with additional responsibilities.
- Conflict Management: Can handle tough situations and equitably resolve conflict with colleagues
- Dealing w/ Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change and comfortably handle risk & uncertainty
- Integrity & Trust: Is widely trusted by colleagues
- Applies some advanced skills to the position or specialization.
- May adapt procedures, processes, tools, equipment and techniques to meet the more complex requirements of the position.
- Resolves most questions and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels.
- Works under minimal supervision. May assist in orienting and training lower level associates.
High school degree or equivalent; In-house training required. Completion of certification program may be required.
1 year of work experience within manufacturing, or a technical and/or trade discipline
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Explain any particular physical or mental requirements necessary to perform the essential functions of the role
•Lifting 25 kg.