Kiavi, formerly known as LendingHome, is one of the largest lenders to real estate investors in the United States. With Kiavi’s technology platform and innovative financing solutions, real estate investors are empowered to make informed decisions, close deals faster, and realize the full potential of their real estate investment strategies.
Founded in 2013, Kiavi is committed to helping customers revitalize approximately $25 trillion worth of aged U.S. housing stock and provide move-in ready homes and rental housing for millions of Americans across the country. We have funded $7.8 billion dollars worth of loans across about 35,000+ projects, becoming one of the nation's largest bridge loan lenders.
Combining our technology and industry expertise, Kiavi has grown to a team of over 400 and has won many awards over the years including Forbes Fintech 50, Finovate Awards: Best Digital Mortgage Platform, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and many more.
- Loans funded: More than $7.8 billion
- Geography: Lends in 27 states plus Washington, D.C., which account for more than 80% of the nation’s real estate market
- Homes financed: About 35,000
- Principal and interest returned to investors: More than $5.18 billion
- Employees: Over 400 employees
This position needs to be located in Pittsburgh, PA.
The purpose of the post-closing department is to promptly and accurately request and capture all reconciled (fully executed) loan documents and trailing documents to ensure timely delivery to both our investors and bank. Post Closing Specialists are responsible for managing the loans through the loan servicing onboarding process and trailing document follow up and review. The candidate must possess a working knowledge of residential lending programs and practices with the proven ability to partner with third-party vendors to ensure that loans are properly handled in a timely manner. The individual will be expected to provide superior client service to achieve financial objectives. These functions include sending original security instruments (note and deed) to our bank, along with sending proper trailing documents (final title policy) to our investors.
- Review original closing documents to ensure they were properly executed.
- Follow up in a timely fashion to receive all corrections on closing documents.
- Partner with Capital Markets team to answer any investor questions.
- Follow up on, review, request corrections on all trailing documents.
- Manage a large loan queue in a timely fashion.
- Speak up and suggest improvements wherever you see an opportunity.
- Bring your wits, strategies, and ideas by helping us make our closing process as efficient and pleasant as possible.
- Assist in training and teaching newer team members.
- Escalate to management all unresolved issues, where appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-3 years residential mortgage lending experience with good knowledge of lending post-closing and quality assurance practices.
- Skills/Ability: Strong written and verbal communication skills; must be able to adapt well to a fast-paced and constantly changing business environment; PC proficient at the intermediate level; comfortable with new technology systems and paperless environment, demonstrated an ability to work in a team-oriented environment; demonstrated ability to provide good customer service.
Benefits and Perks
- Product Ownership: All employees think like an owner because all employees own equity in the company and play a critical role in making our business great.
- Health Insurance: Our medical, dental, and vision plans are completely free for employee-only coverage, and the company pays 80% of the total premium for dependents.
- Whole-Person Wellness: Anyone can schedule no-cost unlimited virtual therapy sessions, use a monthly subsidy for fitness facilities, and access reimbursements for fertility services.
- Retirement Savings. Employees who participate in our “no fee” 401(k) receive an immediately-vested
- employer match on 100% of contributions up to 3% of compensation.
- Career Growth: We foster an environment that encourages opportunities to use your voice, do better for our customers and each other, and support your career journey.
- Flexible Time Off: With no cap on the number of days of PTO each year, employees are encouraged to enjoy a well-rounded lifestyle with work, travel, and family.
- Paid Leaves: You’re immediately eligible for up to 12 weeks of paid leave each year to bond with a new child (mothers & fathers) and up to 8 weeks for medical or caregiver leave so you come back ready to deliver high-impact results.
- Remote-First: We win together while still being fully remote, and each employee receives a stipend for
- their home office setup and a monthly allowance to help with the cost of internet/phone.
Kiavi in the News:
- Forbes: The Future Of Real Estate: Fintech 50 2019 and Real Estate on a Threshold of a “Moneyball” Moment
- HousingWire: 2019 HW Tech100 Winner: LendingHome
- Pittsburgh Business Times: Voted a “2019 Best Places to Work” and won first runner-up in large company category
- Mortgage Professional America: LendingHome surpasses $5 billion in loans in five years
- Pittsburgh Business Times: San Francisco fintech aggressively expands, looks to hire in Pittsburgh
- Curbed: How Wall Street, Silicon Valley Institutionalized Home Flipping