We are seeking an extremely personable and professional Style Advisor to join Knot Standard and spearhead our fast and reliable growth in our Chicago showroom located in River North. Our ideal candidate is someone who networks, makes connections, builds relationships, and pursues opportunities.
The Style Advisor role is a full-time salaried + commission opportunity for passionate sales individuals. We are looking for people who have a strong affinity to premium products, a love for working with people, and the desire to be part of a fast-growing company. Our Style Advisors love what they do – helping men look and feel their best every day.
Knot Standard is a custom menswear company driven by a strong mission - to make men better tomorrow than they were today, by driving confidence through well fitting premium clothing and exceptional service. To date, we operate 10 appointment-only showrooms in New York, NYC Bloomingdale’s, Chicago, D.C., Houston, Austin, Dallas, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Atlanta. Coupling high-touch client experience and strong product knowledge, Knot Standard is redefining the menswear industry.
You will make an impact by:
- Becoming a menswear specialist through our training on client measurements, fabric knowledge, customizations, alterations, and sales psychology
- Proactively build and maintain a book of clients through different prospecting efforts (outreach, events, etc.)
- Setting appointments and meeting with clients in our showrooms + virtually to conduct personalized wardrobe planning for both casual and professional looks
- Guiding clients through the custom experience, helping them sort through fabrics from our English or Italian mills, pockets, buttons, embroideries, and every detail that goes into ultimately hand crafting a one-of-a-kind custom garment
- Maintaining personal relationships with our most exclusive clients from their first interaction with Knot Standard through purchase, delivery and ongoing orders
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
We are looking for:
- 2 to 5+ years of direct sales experience – creative & strategic in approach
- Excellent client relationship skills (new business development, sales, client facing roles)
- Prior affiliation with successful customer-facing businesses; having a natural ability to connect with clients
- Strong eye for detail & organizational skills
- World class communication & interpersonal skills; written and verbal
- Independent decision-making skills with the ability to self-manage
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- The drive to be involved and network
- Passion for the menswear industry and creating confidence with clothing
KNOT STANDARD PERKS
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Industry related training and development
- Rewarding incentives for achieving your sales goals
- Monthly team outings and virtual KS: Community hangouts such as fitness classes led by our Employees and happy hours
Knot Standard is proudly an Equal Opportunity employer. At Knot Standard, we welcome diverse experiences and perspectives, and are committed to providing a consciously inclusive work environment. We strongly encourage individuals from all backgrounds, communities, races, genders, and identities to apply.