KDM Engineering is searching for a permit coordinator to work in assistance with our permitting department. This position involves supporting the Permitting Coordinator in administrative duties, organizing, tracking, applying for and obtaining permits from governing agencies for construction installation and engineering design projects. This role also involves considerable internal coordination among various client teams.
* Coordinate permit requests and scheduling with various governmental agencies
* acting as a liaison for clients. (i.e. County, IDOT, Alderman’s Offices, City of Chicago)
* Meet with internal teams and/or government agencies for project updates and assist with any issues
* Coordinate with Project Managers regarding construction schedules and permit requirements
* Manage permit expirations and renewals and coordinate with Contractors.
* Organize and track all permits.
* File proper paperwork required to obtain permits.
Desired Skills and Experience:
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
* Strong organizational skills
* 5+ years of experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Excel & Word)
* Ability to Multi-task
* Must be proactive and able to work independently
* Must be able to maintain a high level of accuracy and pay close attention to detail
* Prior permitting experience preferred
About KDM Engineering:
KDM Engineering is a WBE/MBE engineering consulting firm specializing in primary distribution design in the Chicagoland and Baltimore areas. Our core staff has over 25 years of design and project management experience. Our aim is to provide our clients with excellent project support, a high attention to detail, and great customer service.
Benefits & Top Reasons to Work for Us:
* Competitive base salary
* Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
* 401(k) plan with substantial company match
* PTO, company paid holidays and great work/life balance
* Fun and Flexible work environment that puts people first
* Dynamic leadership team that are experts in their field
Equal Employment Opportunity:
KDM Engineering strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.