Title: Senior Revenue Analyst
Location: Palo Alto, CA
The ideal candidate will have at least five years of experience in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, dynamic company environment. The Senior Revenue Analyst will possess a strong initiative and eagerness to learn and have a positive attitude. The ability to meet deadlines and flexibility in handling changing priorities are essential in this position.
This position is responsible for assisting in the Revenue Recognition, Revenue Operations, and Professional Services Billing functions, preparing schedules, preparing various analysis, general ledger reconciliations, working on special projects, and preparing deal summaries and revenue allocations. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to learn the revenue function!
The Senior Revenue Analyst will report directly to the Revenue Director and assist in the day-to-day activities and various responsibilities within the Revenue Organization.
What you get to do in this role:
- Responsible for performing various month-end/quarter-end close activities in order to meet monthly revenue accounting close deadlines. These include, but are not limited to, deal summaries, revenue hold, revenue allocations, revenue flux analysis, POD cutoff analysis, journal entry preparation and submission, account reconciliations, ad-hoc project as needed, etc.
- Review Professional Services Agreements to ensure proper system set up and revenue recognition for fixed fee projects using percent of completion method
- Comply with internal controls as well as update process documentation when needed.
- Ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls for assigned areas.
- Participation in both the 606 implementation and the CPQ implementation.
- Assist in external and internal audit
- Assist in SSP analysis
- Patriciate in ARM implementation
- Actively identify opportunities for process improvement or operational automation in existing system infrastructure.
In order to be successful in this role we need someone who has:
- 5+ plus years of hands-on work experience including experience in performing month-end close duties, preferably in a revenue function
- Solid general accounting skills and US GAAP knowledge
- Understanding of ASC 606 revenue recognition standards
- Good understanding of internal controls, accounting policies & procedures
- Experience completing monthly general ledger account reconciliations
- Experience working within a fast-paced environment, with multiple priorities and deadlines, preferably for a technology/SAAS company
- High level of initiative and ability to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated and self-directed, however, must have demonstrated ability to work well with people.
- High attention to detail with excellent organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including written and oral communication skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent planning and problem- solving skills with the ability to work in a fast -paced environment
- Experience with NetSuite is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office including Excel, Word, and Outlook required
- BS in Accounting or equivalent required
- CPA License
Bonus if you have:
- Experience with Salesforce.com and OpenAir