Location: Charlotte, NC
Intapp helps firms shift to a modernization strategy and gain a growth edge in today’s competitive marketplace. We offer intelligent solutions built for partner-led firms spanning the entire client lifecycle, from strategy through origination and execution.
We are seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented, customer service focused Senior Accountant professional to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment. The Senior Accountant will need to have a basic understanding of U.S. GAAP. The role will include working in several areas of corporate accounting, financial reporting, and finance support. The position will be responsible for tasks ranging from journal entries to analysis during the monthly general ledger close, as well as preparation of account reconciliations and related roll-forwards. Additionally, this position will interact monthly with the Financial Planning & Analysis team as it relates to analysis of the actual financial results and provide explanations and support to the team and company management. This position reports directly to the Senior Manager, Accounting.
- Review, analyze and prepare monthly journal entries for month-end close related to general corporate accounting processes with areas of focus including fixed assets, external royalties, and reimbursable employee expenses (i.e., T&E managed via Concur, credit and procurement cards).
- Prepare detailed account reconciliations, obtain corresponding support to verify accuracy of the actual financial results, and resolve any reconciling items timely.
- Prepare monthly reporting package for assigned subsidiaries.
- Prepare monthly enterprise consolidated reporting package supplemental schedules for responsible accounts and financial statement areas of focus.
- Analyze balance sheet and income statement account fluctuations and assist with providing explanations for any significant or unusual changes in balances.
- Coordinate across functional departments within the company to aide in analysis, research, adherence to GAAP accounting standards, and compliance with SOX internal controls.
- Research, compile and analyze data related to special projects.
- Solve a wide range of complex problems using professional concepts and company policies and procedures.
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Work with the external auditors in conjunction with annual financial statement audits and quarterly reviews, including providing auditors with various information pertaining to general ledger focus areas.
- Train and mentor other accountants on staff.
- 3+ years of related accounting experience.
- Big 4 accounting experience preferred.
- Licensed CPA is preferred, but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is required.
- Fixed assets experience preferred
- Experience with accounting for foreign currency transactions and FX gains/losses is required.
- Proficiency in MS Office including Excel, Word, and Outlook required.
- Experience with NetSuite ERP is preferred, or other enterprise level financial software systems required.
- Effective communication skills, both within and across the accounting and finance teams, but also with business partners (FP&A, HR, Marketing, IT, Legal, and other business leaders).
- Strong problem solving, analytical, multi-tasking, and organizational skills.
- Process-oriented with a mindset for documenting processes and procedures.
- Ability to work in a fast pace and ever-changing environment.
- Possess a team player and team focused attitude.