In a rapidly changing world, HUB advises businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected. As one of the world's largest insurance brokers, our focus is dedicated to providing our customers with the peace of mind that what matters most will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put our clients in control. Our growing team of professionals across North America represents a broad, deep and one-of-a kind aggregation of entrepreneurs and leaders recognized for their excellence throughout the insurance community.
About the Position
The Cash Application Associate I will report to the Accounting Supervisor and is primarily responsible for the cash applications and accounts receivables processes for the accounting department using the broker management and GL systems. Key responsibilities include ensuring cash received via checks, ACH or wires directly into the bank account is applied timely and accurately in accordance with company policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Retrieve deposit information from lockbox or remote deposit capture
- Retrieve electronic deposit information from Online Bank Account Daily Activity reports
- Posting of all cash receipts for multiple bank accounts in Broker Management system on a daily basis
- Reconcile cash accounts daily to make sure that all items are accounted for
- Process small balance write offs in Broker Management System
- Process non-sufficient checks in Broker Management System
- Follow up with Client Service team for any exception payments and post accordingly
- Partner with accounting and client service team to quickly bring issues to their attention, working to understand the root cause and offering potential solutions
- Research and resolve unapplied cash in suspense and cash on account at client level
- Escalate unresolved items to supervisor per pre-determined aging timeline
- May assist in other special projects as required
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Required Experience: 1-2 years
Required Travel: Negligible
Required Education: High school or equivalent
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here athttp://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 orUSRecruiting@hubinternational.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Hi, we're HUB.
In a rapidly changing world, we advise businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected.
When you partner with us, you're at the center of a vast network of experts who will help you reach your goals through risk services, claims management, and compliance support.
And this gives you the peace of mind that what matters most to you will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put you in control.
About HUB International
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HUB International Limited (HUB) is a leading full-service global insurance broker providing property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, investment and risk management products and services. From offices located throughout North America, HUB's vast network of specialists provides peace of mind on what matters most by protecting clients through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions. For more information, please visit hubinternational.com.