Hi, we're Host!
We believe your office should allow you to feel comfortable, productive and inspired in your working life. Because when people feel inspired, great things happen.
As the heart of the workplace, you will help foster a sense of community by putting the well-being of others at the forefront. As you collaborate with colleagues to create a culture of support, you will have countless opportunities to inspire moments of delight and pursue amazing outcomes each day.
With Host, you can join a team that elevates the office experience by delivering world-class services that make coming to work better than it's ever been.
The Workplace Experience Concierge acts as the heart of the workplace providing personalized services to team members and visitors alike, and administrative support to foster a sense of community. Host uses people-led, technology-enabled services to connect employees to their environment via their mobile devices, as well as through high-touch services and world-class customer service support.
The individual in this role acts as the first point of engagement with team members and visitors alike, creating a warm, supportive and service-oriented atmosphere that enhances the Experience. They are responsible for providing employee-facing workplace services and front-of-house reception including but not limited to: greeting visitors in a warm and welcoming manner, answering and directing calls, assisting with transportation, advising on local attractions and other service-based or administrative tasks as assigned. This role is located in the beautiful Salesforce Tower in the SOMA district with stunning 360 views of San Francisco.
This position is responsible for acting as the first point of engagement with employees and visitors, setting a welcoming tone, and assists with transportati on, area attractions, and other personal service needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Welcomes tenants/employees and announces clients, applicants, and visitors.
- Responsible for responding promptly with accurate and thorough information according to the specific requests from employees and visitors.
- Conducts a variety of front-of-house activities including: Guest registration. Guest accommodation with luggage/coats, etc. Provides visitors with information to navigate the building including pointing out nearest amenities and fire exits. Issues visitor passes. Answers telephone in friendly, professional manner. Maintains accurate records of service requests and status. Arranges guides as needed. Receives and directs incoming calls to appropriate personnel and voicemail.
- Provides assistance services to employees and guests including but not limited to: arranges and confirms recreational, dining, and/or business activities, arrangement of transportation & travel arrangements, office wayfinding, meal & activity reservations, guest & administrative support, shipping, gift & package orders and other services as needed.
- Continually maintains neat appearance and cleanliness of reception area, conference rooms, café and other common areas. May perform visitor volume tracking & reporting, reception services, visitor refreshments, storytelling & campus tours. Serves as point-of-contact and/or extension of the facilities team as representative of the Experience team. Requests building and housekeeping services as needed. Periodically inspects common area equipment to ensure good operating condition. Arranges equipment service as needed. Determine standard supplies and information to be maintained at the front desk. May assist with temporary signage.
- Performs general administrative duties associated with distributing packages and mail as required. Uses tracking systems to record inbound and outbound courier, freight and mail. Meters mail. Arranges messenger service as needed. Follows location security procedures for screening inbound deliveries.
- Supports with meeting and events tasks as assigned. May assist with scheduling, stocking and coordinating setup conference/meetings rooms, arranging for meeting equipment (i.e. projectors, video/web conferencing), ensuring equipment is in good operating condition for events, and coordinating catering.
- Follows security and emergency procedures as defined for the property. Responds to emergency situations in a calm, efficient manner. Summons appropriate assistance and makes appropriate notifications in accordance with operating procedures.
- May order and stock office supplies and other common use items for the location or common areas, such as café supplies, equipment toner, printer paper, freight and shipping supplies etc.
- Maintains a file of services including transportation sources, accommodations, and referral contacts. May arrange convenience/hospitality services for guests such as transportation, tickets, reservations, etc.
- May provide reporting and insight to clients and property teams to improve product and service delivery. May contribute site specific content for Host Digital.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
HS Diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree or professional hospitality accreditations preferred. Prior Customer Service experience required. A minimum of 0-1 year Front Desk, Concierge, customer service or other hospitality experience is preferred.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor.
Comfortable meeting and engaging with new people.
Warm and engaging demeanor. Ability to assess circumstances, empathize and offer help.
Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations. Ability to solve problems in standard situations. Requires basic analytical skills.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite, handheld mobile technologies and applications; .
Good organizational skills. Ability to work flexible work schedules based on office needs. Physical ability to assist. Able to lift 30 lbs. Strong problem-solving skills. Highly adaptable and flexible. Strong knowledge of the surrounding area and all recreational, hospitality and business related information. Ability to work independently with little supervision.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
1. Complete at a satisfactory level all required and assigned HSE training
2. Follow all activity policies and procedures, including all HSE related requirements at all times
3. Participate in all HSE related programs & activities as required, including incident investigations, interviews, auditing and assessment, etc.
4. Report any condition which you feel could result in an accident or injury and / or stop work if required
1. Be aware of and understand all safe work practices and procedures and potential hazards associated with the work environment
2. Maintain and wear at all times required appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
3. Apply appropriate material handling techniques at all times,
4. Only operate warehouse equipment and machinery (e.g. pallet jacks, manlifts, etc.) if properly trained, qualified and authorized to do so