Hi, we're Host!
We believe your office should allow you to feel comfortable, productive and inspired in your working life. Because when people feel inspired, great things happen.
As the heart of the workplace, you will help foster a sense of community by putting the well-being of others at the forefront. As you collaborate with colleagues to create a culture of support, you will have countless opportunities to inspire moments of delight and pursue amazing outcomes each day.
With Host, you can join a team that elevates the office experience by delivering world-class services that make coming to work better than it's ever been.
The Workplace Experience Coordinator is at the forefront of delivering a positive office experience as a cultural ambassador, community advocate and service leader. In this role, you would provide workplace services and support to increase individual well-being, personal productivity, and organizational effectiveness.
Host uses people-led services to connect employees to their environment through high-touch services and world-class customer service support delivered by employees like the Workplace Experience Coordinator.
As part of a "front-of-house" team, the Workplace Experience Coordinator is responsible for creating a supportive and comfortable atmosphere by welcoming visitors and supporting all employee-facing services at our client's headquarters, located at our technology client's office in the bustling Domain Area of Austin, TX This team member will focus on events and employee engagement and communication.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides coordination and administrative support for delivery of Workplace Services.
- Greets employees and announces clients, applicants, and visitors. Conducts guest registration through badging software. Arranges escorts as needed. Issues visitor passes and validates parking. Receives and directs incoming calls to appropriate personnel and voicemail.
- Assists with logistics, coordination and day-of execution of meetings, conferences and events. Creates a hospitable environment for attendees, event owners, and vendors.
- Performs daily meeting and conference room turnover and/or midday room refresh, reconfigurations and evening resets for indoor and outdoor spaces.
- Activates culture and community at the site via communications on Slack and Basecamp.
- Maintain social points, including the restock of breakroom supplies, ensuring cleanliness, etc.
- Maintain awareness of the workspace. Submit janitorial and maintenance work orders as needed and/or communicating with appropriate partners in to address issues.
- Responds to customer requests and complaints regarding Experience Services. Responds promptly with accurate and thorough information according to the specific request. Assist with light duty adjustments such adjusting monitor arms, tightening screws on chairs, and crawling under desks to adjust cables. Assist with meeting set up, furniture reset, and delivering temporary equipment and supplies. May assist with temporary signage.
- Curation and administration of Host Platform and client materials customized to meet to the full Host experience. Ensures client and company materials comply with client and company brand guidelines.
- Utilizes and maintains integrity of work order system and other digital tools associated with service delivery, as requested.
- Follows security and emergency procedures as defined for the property. Responds to emergency situations in a calm, efficient manner. Summons appropriate assistance and makes appropriate notifications in accordance with operating procedures.
- May support coordination of moves, adds, and changes (MAC).
- Provides administrative support for Workplace Experience team as directed, including meeting coordination, office and workplace experience equipment care, and supply management.
- Maintain records of vendor proof of insurance and contractual documentation in place, per requirements.
- Collaborate with vendors employees who provide services and goods..
- Deliver workplace orientations include introduction to items such as tours of facility, how to submit a workorder, where supplies are kept and ordering procedure, amenities, and software ordering. Provide overview of Host Experience service.
- Assists in the completion of the Service Business Continuity plan.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
HS Diploma or GED required. A minimum of 1 - 2 years related experience (e.g. Front Desk, Concierge, Hospitality, Room Management, or Customer Service roles) is preferred.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor. Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees.
Comfortable meeting and engaging with new people.
Warm and engaging demeanor. Ability to assess circumstances, empathize and offer help.
Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations. Ability to solve problems in standard situations. Requires basic analytical skills.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint, OneNote, Outlook, etc. Comfortable with and embracing of new technologies and digital tools; such as Apps, databases, financial management, work order management, social networking, cloud technologies, handheld mobile technologies and applications, and communications.
Best candidates will have a genuine interest in in anticipating and serving the needs of others. A warm demeanor and desire to collaborate with others is key.
Physical ability to assist with warehouse operations. Able to lift 50 lbs.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
1. Complete at a satisfactory level all required and assigned HSE training
2. Follow all activity policies and procedures, including all HSE related requirements at all times
3. Participate in all HSE related programs & activities as required, including incident investigations, interviews, auditing and assessment, etc.
4. Report any condition which you feel could result in an accident or injury and / or stop work if required
1. Be aware of and understand all safe work practices and procedures and potential hazards associated with the work environment
2. Maintain and wear at all times required appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
3. Apply appropriate material handling techniques at all times,
4. Only operate warehouse equipment and machinery (e.g. pallet jacks, manlifts, etc.) if properly trained, qualified and authorized to do so