At HomeAdvisor, we are revolutionizing the way that every American homeowner improves and maintains their home. We do this by creating digital products and experiences to help hundreds of millions of homeowners connect with talented service professionals to get work done. We are a two-sided marketplace that is reimagining how people care for and improve their homes while also nurturing growth of independent small businesses. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
About this role:
We are looking for a hard-working individual to join our general ledger accounting team. You will play a key role in the month-end accounting close process. This role provides a great foundation in corporate general ledger accounting and an introduction to ANGI Homeservices' business operations.
What you'll do:
- Work with decision makers within the business to understand and properly account for the following monthly expenditures:
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM) costs
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) costs
- Intercompany marketing agreements
- Prepaid expenses and amortization
- Legal settlements
- Other accruals as needed
- Prepare month-end journal entries and account reconciliations for GL accounts
- Coordinate monthly/quarterly meetings with our Consumer Marketing team
- Collaborate with Marketing, Finance, and Business Intelligence teams to ensure Consumer Marketing spend is properly accrued
- Research and resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Prepare consolidated reporting schedules included in the company's quarterly reporting package
- Work with FP&A and accounting teams to understand variances and provide explanations
- Maintain internal controls, and work with both internal and external auditors to ensure audit requests are addressed
- Provide support on special requests, projects, and ad-hoc analysis as necessary
Who you are:
- 0-2 years of accounting experience, including internships
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Accounting/Business; CPA or CPA candidate a plus
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and ability to assist in technical accounting research
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Experience with general ledger accounting systems, especially NetSuite a plus
- Organized, high attention to detail, ability to communicate effectively with both accounting and business partners
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $55,000-$65,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie's List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world's largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!